S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

RECARO POLE POSITIONS NO LONGER FIA APPROVED!

Old 12-16-2014, 03:49 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by AE_Racer
Nobody reads the fine print?
You kidding? Nobody even reads beyond the headline.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:50 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by THMotorsports
Originally Posted by iDomN8U' timestamp='1418149083' post='23431760
If it's true, be prepared for a shit load of seats to be sent back for FIA ones.
That's just it. At this point there isn't really FIA approved Pole Positions. ALL of them, even the OLD ones that WERE ALREADY approved are void. If you have Pole Positions in your car now they are now no longer FIA approved.

I feel REALLY bad for guys who have been running these for a year or two and now have to replace their seats to keep racing.

Dewey @ THM
Yes if they are racing in an FIA regulated race series maybe...
Old 12-17-2014, 08:24 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

This really won't affect as many people as its made out to sound like it will. Most people racing in a series that requires valid FIA vert aren't using this seat. Harness hole placement is terrible on the seat. People seriously into racing are using other seats or head restraint models.

I'll be the first to snag one for cheap if people start to offload them like crazy. I've owned 3 or 4 of these seats over the years and never felt unsafe.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:48 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by //steve\\
This really won't affect as many people as its made out to sound like it will. Most people racing in a series that requires valid FIA vert aren't using this seat. Harness hole placement is terrible on the seat. People seriously into racing are using other seats or head restraint models.

I'll be the first to snag one for cheap if people start to offload them like crazy. I've owned 3 or 4 of these seats over the years and never felt unsafe.

It doesn't matter what series or event the sanctioning body is if you hit a wall / tree / barrier / rear end and crash...there is a structural flaw in the design in the seat.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arsenal
Originally Posted by //steve\\' timestamp='1418837057' post='23440128

It doesn't matter what series or event the sanctioning body is if you hit a wall / tree / barrier / rear end and crash...there is a structural flaw in the design in the seat.
You're overreacting. If you're that worried, check seat for cracks. It's not like factory seats have an FIA cert.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:36 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Well all I know is there's a structural flaw in the seat which is enough to make me question using it in case of an accident. Good luck with yours
Old 12-18-2014, 01:56 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Well then, on that note, whoever wants to sell their black or black leather PP please contact me.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fernando.
Well then, on that note, whoever wants to sell their black or black leather PP please contact me.
Lol. This is your chance!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:25 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

haha! how'd i know i'd find you here saying something like that?!
Old 12-21-2014, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I, too, will be happy to take one or a pair off someone's hands for cheap!

From the sounds of the article, it's not going to be a severe safety issue even in the event of a crash or they would have issued a full recall. Most of these big name companies take recalls pretty seriously when it comes to safety issues. I wouldn't sweat it unless more info comes to light.

Quick Reply: RECARO POLE POSITIONS NO LONGER FIA APPROVED!