S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

S2000 CR 3d-printed stealth back-up camera!

Old 05-03-2019, 06:44 AM

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry for late pm replies y’all. Haven’t touched my cars but busy working on an airplane! If anyone still wants these, leave me a pm with your address and I’ll try to bulk print some soon.
The following users liked this post:
scalpel (05-29-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 11:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Kevin for the 3d file and camera mount.
KeVons on the Left and Xometry SLS on the right.

I am using this idea to integrate to the AIM MXS dash video input.

This is the AIM binder wiring soldered to the camera Kevin listed in this thread. The AIM camera is a slightly smaller size( still a chinese amazon make).
I heatshrunk over this you dont NEED to cut down this far if you dont want to.

Here it is mounted to the trunk

This is dash output

Last edited by tehlonz; 05-27-2019 at 11:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
lab_rat (09-11-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks to @k3v0n for sending me the part bc I dont have a 3d printer.

quick shipping and standout guy.

awesome member of the community.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(First off, wanted to thank @jimmyfu for printing out the bracket for me and giving me some pointers for the install! Also, want to give credit to @k3v0n for the amazing idea and write-up!)

Just finished the install on my S2000! Decided to go a different route and run this camera "always on" instead of just for backing up.

The camera is very discrete under the wing!

Up close of the camera.

"Always on" is run by constant power and signal from the camera with the addition of an independent screen mounted by the radio door (via Modifry Panavise Radio Bracket). It's actually pretty cool to see when you're driving..

Links of both products attached below for reference.

Raayoo Back-Up Camera (Same as posted by k3v0n)
https://www.amazon.com/RAAYOO-Universal-Installation-Guildlines-non-mirror/dp/B074P45P7G/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=raayoo+backup+camera&qid=1567997493&s=gateway&sr=8-3 https://www.amazon.com/RAAYOO-Universal-Installation-Guildlines-non-mirror/dp/B074P45P7G/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=raayoo+backup+camera&qid=1567997493&s=gateway&sr=8-3
Raayoo 5" Back-Up Camera Monitor
https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-RAAYOO-Definition-Display-Optional/dp/B074P4L9XK/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=raayoo+backup+camera&qid=1567997493&s=gateway&sr=8-4 https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-RAAYOO-Definition-Display-Optional/dp/B074P4L9XK/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=raayoo+backup+camera&qid=1567997493&s=gateway&sr=8-4

I'm totally aware that constantly running both the camera and monitor would degrade the life of both products but I'll be more than happy to be the guinea pig for testing the durability of such! Also thinking about relocating the monitor as well but for now, it's good there.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:57 AM

@KKTS2k I love it man. I didn’t realize those kind of monitor mounting brackets exist. Are you able to open the radio door though or is the monitor on some sort of pivot? I think I want to revert to the stock mirror because it’s more petite so maybe I’ll run your setup instead. So it sounds like it doesn’t have a reverse-signal-on capability, is that correct?
Old 09-19-2019, 08:59 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I like your idea, yet I would prefer to have a wireless transmission to my iPhone via a trunk mounted transmitters and the option to make it a full time rear view camera if I get a front-facing dash cam with recorder. I have an Akron camera mount that is bolted through the passenger seat rail bolt. The flexible rod lets me position the mount so that it is out of the way of my passenger and still allows the radio door to open.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
I like your idea, yet I would prefer to have a wireless transmission to my iPhone via a trunk mounted transmitters and the option to make it a full time rear view camera if I get a front-facing dash cam with recorder. I have an Akron camera mount that is bolted through the passenger seat rail bolt. The flexible rod lets me position the mount so that it is out of the way of my passenger and still allows the radio door to open.
The issue with wireless is that there isn't already a constant 12V source back there so you'd be laying wire back there anyway for power. But does the module exist anyways? I know there are wireless backup cameras, but those have boxy form factors and haven't seen a module with an RCA input and bluetooth/wifi transmitter. Recording capability would be icing on the cake!
Old 09-25-2019, 11:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What did you guys do with the latch rod that gets taken out of the tumbler bracket? I currently have mine ziptied to the skeleton of the trunk but would love a more thought-out solution.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Epileptic
What did you guys do with the latch rod that gets taken out of the tumbler bracket? I currently have mine ziptied to the skeleton of the trunk but would love a more thought-out solution.
I just removed it. It’s pretty easy to do; I forgot how exactly but if you look at it you should be able to figure it out. Don’t remember having to tug very hard on anything either
Old 09-25-2019, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by k3v0n
@KKTS2k I love it man. I didn’t realize those kind of monitor mounting brackets exist. Are you able to open the radio door though or is the monitor on some sort of pivot? I think I want to revert to the stock mirror because it’s more petite so maybe I’ll run your setup instead. So it sounds like it doesn’t have a reverse-signal-on capability, is that correct?
Hey @k3v0n, sorry for the late reply.. There isn't actually any proprietary bracket for the monitor, I just simply used the Modifry Panavise Radio Bracket and stuck the included double-sided mount on the plate (see below).

https://modifry.com/index.php?route=...product_id=105

But of course the weak, generic double-sided tape that was included wouldn't hold up the weight of the monitor at that mounting angle. Will be swapping the generic tape out with my automotive industrial grade 3M.

As for accessibility, the mount kind of pivots but it's pretty useless the way it's mounted. The monitor and bracket comes close to but does not interfere with the radio door. I can open and close it without any problems. Occasionally I will bump the monitor while putting down the e-brake though, just an FYI. Bothers me sometimes but not enough to change the setup.

As for reverse-signal-on capability, this setup can totally be wired as such, I just personally chose not to. You can view a short snippet of what it looks like always on while moving, to see if this suits you or not (see post below).

View this post on Instagram

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try my best to help! Thanks!