S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

skunk2 MegaPower Exhaust

Old 07-15-2013, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default skunk2 MegaPower Exhaust

Hey guys,
I've been looking into putting an exhaust on my car. I like the way skunk2 MegaPower Exhaust looks and sounds. But I've also been looking into the T1R and the HKS dual Hi Power exhaust I was wondering if any one has the skunk2 exhaust and what they think of it?!..I want something that sounds nice and gains hp nothing sounding too ricey if that helps. Any advise would help! Thanks.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by S2KnIt
Hey guys,
I've been looking into putting an exhaust on my car. I like the way skunk2 MegaPower Exhaust looks and sounds. But I've also been looking into the T1R and the HKS dual Hi Power exhaust I was wondering if any one has the skunk2 exhaust and what they think of it?!..I want something that sounds nice and gains hp nothing sounding too ricey if that helps. Any advise would help! Thanks.

It's a ap1 by the way.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Skunk2 for a while (actually I still have it but its is just not on the car). I liked the way it looked, it was made very well, and my butt dyno said it made HP. It was just too loud for me and droned pretty bad (I was using the OEM cat with it). With the silencers in, it was a lot quieter but that only made me notice the drone more. I was turboed for a while with the Skunk2 and it was a lot more mellow. I changed to a T1R EM70 dual after I went back NA. It sounds incredible, is made very well, doesn't drone much, looks good, but costs twice as much. I would say if loud doesn't bother you, just get the Skunk2. It is excellent "bang for the buck".
Old 07-16-2013, 10:52 AM

Does the skunk sound too loud even with the silencers installed?.. and when they are does it still sound good?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2KnIt
Does the skunk sound too loud even with the silencers installed?.. and when they are does it still sound good?
With the silencers in, the noise level is not a problem. It still sounds ok with them in but you don't get as much of that round canister exhaust sound.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:28 AM

Would you recommend me going with like a greddy t-ic dual exhaust then?..I've also been looking at the HKS hi power system, so you just took yours off Because of the excessive noise/drone?
Thanks for the advice btw.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the skunk2 as well. With the silencers in, the volume is very reduced. The drone is still there, but manageable. With the silencers out, you will unleash hell. The sound is pure sex, but that kind of volume belongs on a racetrack. The Jekyll & Hyde nature of this is exhaust is why I bought it.

However, I'm not a young punk any more and I don't spend much time on the track. That's why I'm 99% convinced I'll be selling it and the test pipe in favor of the UK exhaust mod.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Also this is the only exhaust that doesn't lose power with the silencers installed. I dynoed my s2k with and without the silencers and no change in power, although the graph line wasn't as smooth with the silencers on.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:12 AM

Thanks guys I wish I could hear one in person lol still up in the air what exhaust I want, I wanna get something that sounds nice but helps hp/tq too not that an exhaust will get you much but Im the type of person that likes to know exactly what I'm buying. Thanks for the advice guys
Old 07-29-2013, 10:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

where are you located?

Quick Reply: skunk2 MegaPower Exhaust