S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Soft Top WIND NOISE

Old 04-17-2014, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top WIND NOISE

I know this subject has been beaten like a dead horse but what can I do to reduce this terrible wind noise. My soft top was replaced right before I bought the car, I am not sure if it an OEM top or Robbins. Either way, I would like to reduce the wind noise because it is absolutely brutal at highway speeds. I have already disconnected the catchers and added washers. This seemed to help minimally for a short amount of time. What other tricks are out there? Can you buy a better seal? Please help!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 AM

Drop the top.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by zippity
I know this subject has been beaten like a dead horse but what can I do to reduce this terrible wind noise. My soft top was replaced right before I bought the car, I am not sure if it an OEM top or Robbins. Either way, I would like to reduce the wind noise because it is absolutely brutal at highway speeds. I have already disconnected the catchers and added washers. This seemed to help minimally for a short amount of time. What other tricks are out there? Can you buy a better seal? Please help!
ear plugs.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i dont think there's much more you can do to the reduce the wind noises. It's the downside of being a convertible. The best option is to buy an oem hard top.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try some grease. Honda do some expensive stuff but I got some Gummi Pflege off ebay for alot cheaper.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:40 AM

Where exactly would he apply this grease? In his ear canals?
Old 04-17-2014, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by stvS2K
Maybe he thought I had a hardtop?

I know the S2ki crowd is a lot more creative than this! I mean, I can hold down the top where it meets the windshield and pull it tight and the wind noise reduces to almost nothing. Can everyone else do that? In my opinion it is the worst thing about the car.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM

I've heard of people replacing the soft top strikers with hardtop strikers which seem to provide a tighter and closer hold. I don't know how effective they are, but it's something you could look into. A simple and cheap enough procedure too.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by jWESTFOO
I've heard of people replacing the soft top strikers with hardtop strikers which seem to provide a tighter and closer hold. I don't know how effective they are, but it's something you could look into. A simple and cheap enough procedure too.
Do this, it makes a world of difference. I had the same problem.

http://www.hardtopguy.com/store/prod...0&bestseller=Y
Old 04-17-2014, 12:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by stvS2K
No, on the rubber seals around the windows. I have zero wind noise coming into the cabin because I regularly grease all of the seals.

Quick Reply: Soft Top WIND NOISE