S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Spoon vs Ballade Sportts Engine Mounts

Old 08-30-2018, 02:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Spoon vs Ballade Sports Engine Mounts

Looking for some engine mount suggestions: I've narrowed it down between the Spoon and Ballade mounts. I won't be tracking the car that often, maybe a few auto crosses a year.

Spoon mounts seem to be a bit stiffer, and the ballade mounts are OEM "Plus" would like to hear some feedback from users of both.

Last edited by xproteK; 09-04-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:36 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

I have the spoon mounts and like them. They are basically OEM + as well but come with the re enforced trans bracket. I think ASM is the only company that makes a similar trans bracket and their bracket costs nearly the same as the full mount kit from Spoon that includes their bracket. That bracket is what sold me on the spoon mounts along with knowing they make quality parts. Not saying the ballade mounts are bad I just haven't used them so can't speak to them.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:59 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
I have the spoon mounts and like them. They are basically OEM + as well but come with the re enforced trans bracket. I think ASM is the only company that makes a similar trans bracket and their bracket costs nearly the same as the full mount kit from Spoon that includes their bracket. That bracket is what sold me on the spoon mounts along with knowing they make quality parts. Not saying the ballade mounts are bad I just haven't used them so can't speak to them.
How bad is the idle vibration with the spoon mounts?
Old 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Go for Vibratechnics mounts instead, nice and firm without any annoying rattles.
Not sure what the best source to get them in the US but here is a link https://www.kseriesparts.com/VBT-HON200M.html
Spoon is just way overpriced (like always) and Ballade you should stay away from as much as possible.
The following users liked this post:
G3O_-X-_ (09-16-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 11:59 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by flanders
Go for Vibratechnics mounts instead, nice and firm without any annoying rattles.
Not sure what the best source to get them in the US but here is a link https://www.kseriesparts.com/VBT-HON200M.html
Spoon is just way overpriced (like always) and Ballade you should stay away from as much as possible.
What's the story with Ballade? I'm a pretty new member but it seems like Ballade is a big name out west and within the S2k community as a whole. I see they're banned, just curious as to what happened with them.

Also OP, Hardrace and Megan have OEM-style rubber mounts as well. I believe they're both made by the same manufacturer just different names. I haven't looked into the Megans but I see Hardrace offers two options for them, either street or race. Both are rubber but I'd imagine the streets are much softer. I've never heard anything bad about Hardrace products, seems a lot of people like them; I was planning on getting their street mounts for my car.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:32 AM

Received 97 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by S2kys
What's the story with Ballade? I'm a pretty new member but it seems like Ballade is a big name out west and within the S2k community as a whole. I see they're banned, just curious as to what happened with them.

Also OP, Hardrace and Megan have OEM-style rubber mounts as well. I believe they're both made by the same manufacturer just different names. I haven't looked into the Megans but I see Hardrace offers two options for them, either street or race. Both are rubber but I'd imagine the streets are much softer. I've never heard anything bad about Hardrace products, seems a lot of people like them; I was planning on getting their street mounts for my car.
Also interested in more details, but at least what I've seen is that their timing chain tensioners do not last and vtec solenoid gaskets leak. From those reported experiences, I would not bother trying their products.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:47 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I wouldnt even compare ballade and spoon in the same category...Go with spoon. I believe Ballade is "banned" just due to the fact that they did not renew their membership fees...
Old 08-31-2018, 07:32 AM

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

From my research, I went with Spoon. Go Tuning probably has this in-stock. I have a brand new Spoon reinforced transmission brace for sale too.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:35 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

I have Ballade mounts. They're fine. Feel basically the same as the car did on OEM.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:55 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

The transmission bracket the spoon mounts come with means they really aren't overpriced like I said. I am sure the ballade mounts are fine and they are priced inline with OEM replacements. I'd say if cost is a major factor they will be fine. As for added vibration with the spoon mounts it is hard for me to say. I feel a little more vibration but I found that the OEM mount on the drivers side was totally cracked open around the top and it poured oil out when I removed it to install my header hence why I bought the spoon mounts. I am guessing that mounts wasn't doing a great job. Shifts do feel a little more direct with the new mounts and trans bracket. I also bought the Spoon diff mounts but haven't had the time to install them.

Quick Reply: Spoon vs Ballade Sportts Engine Mounts