S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Tanabe Exhaust Back Order

Old 01-14-2020, 02:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xxyion
I had no idea the Concept G was discontinued. I'm so happy i managed to get mine. For the OP, i knnow it sucks waitng but Tanabe imo has the best sounding exhaust. My friend got a Greddy SP and its not bad. The volume is the same as the Concept G but i think my Tanabe has the better tone.
So jealous, i spent days narrowing down exhausts and landed on the concept G. Seemed to be the best sounding and one of the best looking exhausts for our car. Only to find out i cant get one ... Gonna be ordering a medallion soon, though.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:08 PM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Gager
So jealous, i spent days narrowing down exhausts and landed on the concept G. Seemed to be the best sounding and one of the best looking exhausts for our car. Only to find out i cant get one ... Gonna be ordering a medallion soon, though.
Honestly the Medallion was my first choice in terms of tone and sound. I was daily driving my S2k at the time and wanted that one as i heard it droned less than the Concept-G. I ended up getting the Concept-G because i heard it was a little louder and someone near me was selling it used for like 500. I did end up liking how it looked on the car afterwards since it uses the twin cannon design.

That being said have you thought about aftermarker? Mine had a small dent on it but honestly you cant even tell since the dent is under the car.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by xxyion
Honestly the Medallion was my first choice in terms of tone and sound. I was daily driving my S2k at the time and wanted that one as i heard it droned less than the Concept-G. I ended up getting the Concept-G because i heard it was a little louder and someone near me was selling it used for like 500. I did end up liking how it looked on the car afterwards since it uses the twin cannon design.

That being said have you thought about aftermarker? Mine had a small dent on it but honestly you cant even tell since the dent is under the car.
Like used? I've looked around to no avail. And I just missed a used Medallion on the marketplace for a great deal.

Old 01-14-2020, 04:04 PM

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

The word is from 3 different suppliers the Medalion is back ordered till "Tanabe estimates this item will ship to us on 01-30-2020. Item should be available to ship on 02-08-2020"

tow vendors wanted to be paid up front and that way you'll be 1st to get...Well I'm on the list...prepaid...yikes
Old 01-15-2020, 09:06 AM
Community Organizer

Received 552 Likes on 504 Posts

I tried so hard last month to order the Concept G but it was discontinued last july and is non existent in any warehouses. Was told by a few people that the Medallion will be available late Feb. Im just so sick of this Q300 i know it will be worth the wait.
Oh no kidding? Wow that sucks. I've been running mine since it came to market about 10-12 years ago? I wouldn't want to run anything else, sounds and looks to good with little/no drone. Guess I will just repair when/if need to keep it going.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 01-15-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Oh no kidding? Wow that sucks. I've been running mine since it came to market about 10-12 years ago? I wouldn't want to run anything else, sounds and looks to good with little/no drone. Guess I will just repair when/if need to keep it going.
Youve got yourself a nice exhaust that is actually rare. Id hold onto it too lol. I even called Tanabe directly and asked if they were ever going to make more and was told no. Only the medallion. BUT maybe, we could convince them with a group buy?
Old 01-15-2020, 09:15 AM
Community Organizer

Received 552 Likes on 504 Posts

Youve got yourself a nice exhaust that is actually rare. Id hold onto it too lol. I even called Tanabe directly and asked if they were ever going to make more and was told no. Only the medallion. BUT maybe, we could convince them with a group buy?
Damn. Well yeah no plans to get rid of it. As mentioned ive had it for about a decade. Put this thing through a couple hundred miles of torture NA and high boost supercharger in that time running the same one on two different S2000's. Hasn't blown out yet. Testament to build quality and strait through muffler design likely. Interesting even when they were available all these years it seemed like I was the only guy running one of these in local group drives/meets and everyone always wanted to know what it was and complimented me on it. I've heard/seen a few guys running the Touring and medallion but not sure why the concept G never really seemed to be that popular for how good it is. I always helped promote it over the years when people were asking for a good sounding exhaust system for the car that didn't drone. I guess Tanabe wasn't selling enough of these compared to the rest and decided it was time to throw in the towel.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 01-15-2020 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone has an update about the backorder for the Tanabe? I'm also on the waiting list, my Dutch supplier informed me that it will be untill May / June before we can expect delivery!
Old 03-29-2020, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was informed by a fellow member that the back order is until June. I’m waiting to sell my AP2 Exhaust and then I’ll pull the trigger! I’ll be pairing it with the 60 mm test pipe from invidia.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:32 AM

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Use a high flow cat, I assume the test pipe will drone a bit under load, my medallion has a very slight drone with a hfc....plus the test pipe will stink

Hope you sell your stock exhaust, can't imagine people will be chomping at the bit for it.. plus you'll have to sell local, no way you could ship that big thing in one piece

Last edited by ahobie17; 03-29-2020 at 05:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Tanabe Exhaust Back Order