S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Updated version of Recaro Pole Positions?

Old 08-15-2016, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated version of Recaro Pole Positions?

Hi. I'm 6'4" and I took my car to the track for the first time. I loved the track but I can't physically heel toe my car because the steering wheel is in the way. I want to buy a seat that will allow me to have more head room and leg room.

While searching on the forum it seems the best choice is the Recaro Pole Position seats because they fit the car well and seem to be good for a tall person with a 34 inch waist. I was looking at their website and the Pole Position's have been updated. Evasive and other websites list the seats as 560 MM wide but the Recaro website lists them as 580 MM wide.

Did the size of the Pole Positions change? If so, does the new size fit the S2000?

Are there any cheaper options that would fit my needs and fit the car well?

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...de=070-98-UU11

http://store.us.recaro-automotive.co...ur-cloth?pp=24

Thank you.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had the old ones and now the new ones. New ones weigh more and feel sturdier. I'm guessing they are thicker. With that said maybe the cut into the inside waist size to make the seat thicker. I'm a 34 size waist or even smaller so it has no effect on me. Love my Recaros. But be prepared to pay a lot for these seats.

Davo
Old 08-15-2016, 09:13 AM

The new ones don't hit the doors or get in the way of the glove box any more than the old ones right?

They are damn expensive. $1100 is what I am finding them for. Is there a cheaper place to order them?
Old 08-16-2016, 09:04 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by El3ments
The new ones don't hit the doors or get in the way of the glove box any more than the old ones right?

They are damn expensive. $1100 is what I am finding them for. Is there a cheaper place to order them?
with seats and safety equipment, you get what you want to pay for. the recaros are worth every penny
Old 08-17-2016, 12:10 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

They aren't any cheaper now. Price on almost all Recaros have gone up.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

OP, have you looked at any other seat manufacturers? Sparco for instance?
Old 08-18-2016, 11:39 AM

I bought a Recaro Pole Position for $900 with $35 shipping. I found one for $800 but I didn't trust the company as much. I probably should have done that since it's just dropped shipped anyway.

I looked at any and all options but it came down to a seat that would fit me and the Pole Position is the largest seat that will fit without modifying the interior.

If you plan on gutting your interior you can fit a different and possibly cheaper seat.

I'll let you guys know what I think of the Pole Position and Buddy Club Rails. It will be a couple of weeks.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:48 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I bought a Recaro Pole Position for $900 with $35 shipping. I found one for $800 but I didn't trust the company as much. I probably should have done that since it's just dropped shipped anyway.

I looked at any and all options but it came down to a seat that would fit me and the Pole Position is the largest seat that will fit without modifying the interior.

If you plan on gutting your interior you can fit a different and possibly cheaper seat.

I'll let you guys know what I think of the Pole Position and Buddy Club Rails. It will be a couple of weeks.
Where'd you purchase from?
Old 08-18-2016, 04:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

i would like to know as well how you found them so cheap.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:18 PM

Received 427 Likes on 363 Posts

I bought my Recaro PP ABE version for less than $800 including shipping from Germany
Probably a bit more expensive to ship it across the pond though.

Quick Reply: Updated version of Recaro Pole Positions?