S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Urge Feedback Seat (Tillett B1) Review

Old 03-07-2022, 09:11 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Urge Feedback Seat (Tillett B1) Review

Awhile back, I saw a Tillett B6 Scream seat on sale locally. I always wanted a bucket seat and had been getting fast enough where holding myself in the seat was tiring. I decided to splurge and pick it up.

It was awesome and really held me in great, but the side bolsters were super aggressive where getting in and out was a chore. I was also still using a 3-point belt with a belt buckle extension, which never felt ideal. I saw that Urge recently started offering their Feedback Seats and picked up the B1. It's only 8-lbs, has less aggressive bolstering than the B6 Screamer, and is designed to work with a 3-point belt. I ended up reusing my PCI base, sliders, and bought the Tillett mounts. I had to drill the Tillett mounts to bolt up to the PCI sliders. I also used a seat belt bracket extension to get the belt buckle where I wanted.

I've gotten in a few back road runs and one autocross. This seat is AMAZING! The B1 actually feels stiffer than the B6 Screamer, a lot of what the car is doing can be felt through the seat. I was told the B6 Screamer has a FRP core with carbon fiber on the outside. The B1 is all carbon fiber, making it stiffer and lighter. Surprisingly, the B1 holds me laterally almost as well as the B6 Screamer. The bolsters on the B6 Screamer are more aggressive, but the extra support really wasn't missed much. I think the B1 provided almost as much lateral support as the B6 Screamer, but is a hell of a lot easier to get in and out. It's also more comfy for my body shape.

Summary:
  • light
  • supportive
  • easier to get in/out compared to other bucket seats
  • designed to work with 3-point belt
  • looks great if you're in to carbon fiber

The following 3 users liked this post by md6380:
billios996 (03-27-2022), Sobe_Death (03-09-2022), Vitt (03-10-2022)
Old 11-25-2022, 02:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have any experience with the Recaro Pole Position in the S2000? I’m running one now but want to get even lower and have a bit less thigh bolstering. This appears to sit a touch lower but might just be the overall slim appearance tricking my eye?
Old 12-09-2022, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by CR22
Do you have any experience with the Recaro Pole Position in the S2000? I’m running one now but want to get even lower and have a bit less thigh bolstering. This appears to sit a touch lower but might just be the overall slim appearance tricking my eye?
​​@CR22 no experience with the Recaro PP in the S2000. I have sat in a passenger side PP in an NSX at an autocross and from what I remember, it had more thigh bolstering than the Tillett.

I feel like this seat can be mounted very low, probably because the material is carbon and it's thin. I actually have it mounted on the higher side, I can get it lower.

Paging @Urge to see if Patrick can share an thoughts on the B6 vs the Recaro PP.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:42 AM

While we wait for Urge to reply:

Have you had it mounted in the lowest position before, and if so how much room was between the seat bottom and the carpet?

The lowest setting I can get the PP before it hits the PCI slider is about 1” from the carpet. If I could get that remaining inch by going to a seat like the Tillett I would be much more comfortable.
Old 12-18-2022, 09:00 AM

Received 427 Likes on 363 Posts

My Recaro PP touches the carpet at the bottom, I'm using M2 rails (same as Buddy Club).
Old 12-18-2022, 12:50 PM

With all my research it seemed PCI was the safest and highest quality rail. I know the S2000 isn’t the safest car so I’m kind of splitting hairs, but I could have gone with buddy clubs and a Pole Position replica and saved hundreds of dollars.
Old 12-22-2022, 09:43 AM

While we wait for Urge to reply:

Have you had it mounted in the lowest position before, and if so how much room was between the seat bottom and the carpet?

The lowest setting I can get the PP before it hits the PCI slider is about 1” from the carpet. If I could get that remaining inch by going to a seat like the Tillett I would be much more comfortable.
I haven't mounted it in the lowest position. I'm using the PCI base and sliders, with the Tillett seat side mounts (is that what they're called?). I wouldn't be able to get the seat on the floor since the PCI base has that cross bar in the way. Getting the seat closer to the carpet would require a different seat rail setup without a cross bar.

With all my research it seemed PCI was the safest and highest quality rail. I know the S2000 isn’t the safest car so I’m kind of splitting hairs, but I could have gone with buddy clubs and a Pole Position replica and saved hundreds of dollars.
The PCI setup is pretty stout, but I think there are many other safe options out there, just don't go cheap. I'm actually going to switch to another seat rail at some point since the PCI setup is a lot heavier than I expected.
Old 01-01-2023, 12:08 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by md6380
​​@CR22 no experience with the Recaro PP in the S2000. I have sat in a passenger side PP in an NSX at an autocross and from what I remember, it had more thigh bolstering than the Tillett.

I feel like this seat can be mounted very low, probably because the material is carbon and it's thin. I actually have it mounted on the higher side, I can get it lower.

Paging @Urge to see if Patrick can share an thoughts on the B6 vs the Recaro PP.
The big difference between Tillet seats and Recaro seats are design philosophies.

Tillett seats evolved from Kart racing where there are no seat belts so they had to design seats that kept you planted with the seat alone. Their key is he rib bolster which wraps around the torso holding you in the seat vs the shoulder bolsters. This also allows your shoulders to be free and not pushed forward which is more comfortable to me.

The rib bolster vs the shoulder has a positive affect in the S2000 as it clears the doors and center consoles with ease, which most other aftermarket seats with shoulder bolster ears do not.

That is big difference, I hope this helps.

Other than that, they have body contoured seats that require less padding vs boxed seats that have extra padding to fill in where the body doesnt.