S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Vaikhari 30mm Wide First Impressions and Ongoing Install

Old 03-19-2020, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For my silver car ... when you install it best thing bolt in top not even tighten then underneath , side door then bracket from headlamp adjustment moving fender pillar windshield point up ... tighten it, then front hood between bumper see edge straight then tighten it, last underneath press down tighten bolt .. it’s straight line up ... recommend two people to help this one...

hope that help ? Remind my car never accident history .. frame it’s straight 100%

black s2000 Middle East I don’t heard issued about fitment ? He happy with it .
Old 03-19-2020, 09:50 AM

I posted some shots of my car earlier in the thread. While fitment isn't OEM, I'm pretty sure that Vaikhari isn't an OEM manufacturer. Is the expectation that they meet Honda's standard really a fair way to judge the product? I've seen authentic Spoon products have issues with fit, both hardtop and fenders. Same with ASM. For me, at a minimum the fit is as good as any JDM fiberglass fenders and has the advantage of being durable because it's steel. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I had my professionally installed, and ironically enough another customer was there getting his fiberglass Downforce fenders reworked, along with some other body panels. Here's a pic of that fender, just for reference. Last I checked the DF fenders are about the same price too.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:22 PM
Site Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 302 Posts

Those are not downforce fenders. Downforce fenders don't have the vents on them. I have downforce fenders and they not have that gap near the windshield. I expect these fenders to fit as well as my downforce fenders and they were not the same. I have and ASM bumper that fit flawlessly. My top secret bumper is very good as well as were my downforce fenders. I've seen plenty of rep and auth body parts that don't hav these same fitment issues.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:43 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Those are not downforce fenders. Downforce fenders don't have the vents on them. I have downforce fenders and they not have that gap near the windshield. I expect these fenders to fit as well as my downforce fenders and they were not the same. I have and ASM bumper that fit flawlessly. My top secret bumper is very good as well as were my downforce fenders. I've seen plenty of rep and auth body parts that don't hav these same fitment issues.
Evasive fenders are technically downforce fenders https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ga...nders-1165253/
The following users liked this post:
JamesD89 (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 01:57 PM
Site Moderator

Still different mold and design. I am surprised to see that same gap on those however as my downforce fenders do not have that issue.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:08 PM

See two picture of your black fender getting into .. mine not .. depend package shipping might drop it ? I came pick up my hands care ... recommend bodyshop help you out stretch out ..

my Body shop said metal easy to fix it welding and hammer it ... fiber glass easy to break and hot n cold weather paint become crack down.. I dislike fiberglass body only special carbon hood, HT, and trunk ... not too crazy diver or carbon fenders , doors , else ... everyone different and skillful

so just recommend body shop if trouble fitting like I said car might have history accident ?

i don’t see anything bad shape on my car that fenders made Vaikhari product ...

believed carrier
Old 03-19-2020, 07:28 PM

Received 618 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by rudys2k
See two picture of your black fender getting into .. mine not .. depend package shipping might drop it ? I came pick up my hands care ... recommend bodyshop help you out stretch out ..

my Body shop said metal easy to fix it welding and hammer it ... fiber glass easy to break and hot n cold weather paint become crack down.. I dislike fiberglass body only special carbon hood, HT, and trunk ... not too crazy diver or carbon fenders , doors , else ... everyone different and skillful

so just recommend body shop if trouble fitting like I said car might have history accident ?

i don’t see anything bad shape on my car that fenders made Vaikhari product ...

believed carrier
Huh?
The following 2 users liked this post by Kyle:
0bsolete (03-20-2020), 512S2k (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 08:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally got my car back from the shop after roughly four months. Not 100% OE fitment but overall happy with the way it turned out. The shop struggled with the upper corner being low, similar to what you guys have seen. Overall it was like the fender was clamshelled closed and ultimately it seemed to be due (at least in part) to the extra wide inner lip which is designed to interface with the fender liner. The shop trimmed the inner lip back roughly 75% and suddenly it seemed to fit better. My liners are trimmed the usual way and I still need to rig up some sort of extension that will tuck behind the remaining lip.

Aside from the inner lip, there seemed to be excess material in many areas that required cutting (certainly no big deal, just full disclosure). The largest problem area ended up being the fender - bumper interface. Both sides required a bit of work to line up. They're now 100% flush, but at the slight expense of headlight fitment. This is my biggest issue with the fit and I'm already looking at aftermarket bumpers that I can have made to fit perfectly with the headlights.

This has been my first experience with aftermarket body panels so I didn't know what to expect. Initially I felt let down by the manufacturer since Vaikhari markets these as having "OE fitment". Ultimately, this was the first production run and the end result is a highly functional and durable setup...just very pricey to get here between fender + bodywork.

These are a couple quick shots taken on my cellphone before I'd had a chance to install my liners. I've since improved the bumper-fender fit inboard of the headlights, but this gives a general idea. I'll post some more pics when I get the chance to dust off the big camera.

Also just have to say...I was on the fence regarding the look of the tapered fender from the front. To me they look 100% better in person than they do in photos. The added aggressive look really adds to the front of the car.

The following 2 users liked this post by j.mart:
rudys2k (03-24-2020), treimche (03-20-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 08:57 AM
Site Moderator

That looks great they did a really good job. Are you going to put the liners back in?
Old 03-20-2020, 09:02 AM

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
That looks great they did a really good job. Are you going to put the liners back in?
I agree, @j.mart do you have a total cost you could share with us on the paint and body shop work? Obviously this will vary by region but any insight including maybe total hours they billed on it would be helpful?

are we talking $300 or like $800?

Quick Reply: Vaikhari 30mm Wide First Impressions and Ongoing Install