S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Where is Asura Design?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where is Asura Design?

About two weeks ago i purchased a 75mm exhaust and thus i wanted to go with a 75mm test pipe. So i did some searching and it seems Asura Design is one of the only companys that makes them with CEL fix with good quality and a reasonable price.

Story goes. I called them two weeks ago to order a test pipe. Got an answer and he said he was on his way back to the shop from the dyno, and that he would call me back when he got there so he could take down the order. To no avail there was no return call. Nor did they answer when i called and left a message. Now its two weeks later, still no answer, cant pm them (their inbox is full) and its just starting to get a little aggrevating.

I would rather not go to a local "muffle" shop and have them do a hilbilly hack job on my car. I know ultimate racing makes one, but from the pics it looks very generic and i havnt heard any reviews on it yet weather its a nice piece.

So what im asking is, where is Asura Design? I was quoted $129 for the test pipe and from what i can find everyone else is a lot higher than that. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Did they announce somewhere that they would be out of the office for an extended time?

/end rant
Old 05-07-2010, 06:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

At the track? The impression I have is that the exhaust/parts stuff is something he fits in when he has the time, which isn't often. Try calling every other week. You should get him eventually.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm him with tracking? he makes awesome parts, but they are also really really busy usually.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:40 PM

his inbox is full, cant pm him. i wasnt aware he was the only one i could get ahold of there and that he had such a busy schedule.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered my stuff from him and it's absolutely amazing. I've found the best way to get ahold of him is to email him at asura@asuradesign.com .

He's on the move a lot, between track days, dyno's, business etc., but checks his e-mail a lot on his phone. Although I've tried to contact him this week and haven't heard from him. I'm sure he's just busy. He might be out of town as well on business.

When I ordered my stuff he was very prompt to answer any call or e-mail, but there was a week time when he was in chicago and contact was blank. I'm sure he's just busy. In other instances I know ur pain of trying to get ahold of something particular, and getting disenfranchised with contact. But from personal experience, he's a standup business man, absolutely AMAZING quality parts (and the gains are unreal). It took a little longer than I had hoped to receive my parts, but he/they hand craft everything on a per order basis so that's to be expected.

Trust me, the wait is worth it.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i got my 70mm resonated test pipe... the weld n the work is A+++
Old 05-08-2010, 07:29 AM

ok thanks for the replys. i will def try to email him.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No matter how busy they might be, they still need to offer some kind of reply or acknowledgment to customers at least within 48Hs. No excuse.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteflash,May 7 2010, 06:51 PM
I ordered my stuff from him and it's absolutely amazing. I've found the best way to get ahold of him is to email him at asura@asuradesign.com .

He's on the move a lot, between track days, dyno's, business etc., but checks his e-mail a lot on his phone. Although I've tried to contact him this week and haven't heard from him. I'm sure he's just busy. He might be out of town as well on business.

When I ordered my stuff he was very prompt to answer any call or e-mail, but there was a week time when he was in chicago and contact was blank. I'm sure he's just busy. In other instances I know ur pain of trying to get ahold of something particular, and getting disenfranchised with contact. But from personal experience, he's a standup business man, absolutely AMAZING quality parts (and the gains are unreal). It took a little longer than I had hoped to receive my parts, but he/they hand craft everything on a per order basis so that's to be expected.

Trust me, the wait is worth it.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:32 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

when i ordered an exhaust and testpipe it was off and on with contacting him- he is a busy man. his pieces are great and well worth the wait.