S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

***Official Intake Thread***

Old 11-04-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful of hydro lock1!
Old 11-07-2013, 10:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by it'S2klean
Be careful of hydro lock1!
I want that intake but I don't want to risk hydro locking, although I don't drive my S everyday, these engines are not cheap. Has anyone done any type of mods to move the filter higher or aim it differently?
Old 11-19-2013, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by profit_child
here is mine basic fipk2 with DEI reflect a gold heat tape around the heat shield and heat shield box inside and outside insulated works very well and my IAT dropped dramatically only few degrees shy of cold air.. with out the worries or headaches and looks pretty gnarly...
Wouldn't the heat tape inside the heat shield reflect heat back towards the filter/intake tube? I thought it would make sense to put the heat tape only on the outside of the heat shield and outside of the intake tube, thoughts?
Old 11-23-2013, 02:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, so I have narrowed down my choices between two intake set ups. I'm debating on going with the CT carbon intake or AEM v2 cai. I'm honestly leaning more towards the CT set up due to the fact the way the kit looks and it could add to completing my engine bay set up. Here's the problem, I was reading on the info for that set up and this is what I came across.

"Slightly louder than stock

Air box suppresses noise from filter element "

I don't want to make a purchase on this set up brand new if it's not even going to make a good roar somewhat similar to the AEM set up. I'm trying to find out if any one with this set up regrets their purchase due to the intake not making Vtec sound louder. If I do end up hearing some increase in sound, I'll be okay with that, I just don't want to not end up hearing anything at all and wasted $350+ for something that sounds like oem
Old 11-25-2013, 02:31 AM

What a great thread I have the K&N FIPK 2 at the moment but have bought a Password JDM intake can't to fit that on
Old 11-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Arthas
Hey guys, so I have narrowed down my choices between two intake set ups. I'm debating on going with the CT carbon intake or AEM v2 cai. I'm honestly leaning more towards the CT set up due to the fact the way the kit looks and it could add to completing my engine bay set up. Here's the problem, I was reading on the info for that set up and this is what I came across.

"Slightly louder than stock

Air box suppresses noise from filter element "

I don't want to make a purchase on this set up brand new if it's not even going to make a good roar somewhat similar to the AEM set up. I'm trying to find out if any one with this set up regrets their purchase due to the intake not making Vtec sound louder. If I do end up hearing some increase in sound, I'll be okay with that, I just don't want to not end up hearing anything at all and wasted $350+ for something that sounds like oem

It does seem to make a little more noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIceRI5so6s
Old 12-17-2013, 05:47 AM

Where is the best site to buy the PWJDM intake?
Old 12-21-2013, 10:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't the Password JDM intake have fitment problems?
Old 12-21-2013, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by kevinS2OOO
Doesn't the Password JDM intake have fitment problems?
one of the whole on the bottem didn't line up when I mounted a section of it

I also had to fettle around with mine for a while to get it to fit. though it still touches the hood, but barely
Old 12-21-2013, 05:34 PM

Pros and cons of a snorkel vs an AUT cooling plate anyone?

Quick Reply: ***Official Intake Thread***