S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

***Official ITBs Thread***

Old 09-06-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a limit.. To big with out compression or bottom end, air velocity slows and torque falls. Kinsler 60mm lost torque vs our 52mm and never came back on the top end

Not for a stock engine .For one that has all the mods
Old 09-16-2012, 06:42 AM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bug man nrg
There is a limit.. To big with out compression or bottom end, air velocity slows and torque falls. Kinsler 60mm lost torque vs our 52mm and never came back on the top end

Not for a stock engine .For one that has all the mods
My engine is fully built street motor, 360hp. The 60mm were too big. Maybe good for drag 440 hp, but nothing street able.

Our 52mm kit will be good up to 400hp

Old 09-18-2012, 06:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really wish people would do baseline runs pre ITBs. I did mine and i was at 182whp and 151tq with pwjdm intake, berk 70mm tp, hks 75mm single. So once my kit goes on next month i will be doing another dyno at the same location and posting the results.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by 4forall
Really wish people would do baseline runs pre ITBs. I did mine and i was at 182whp and 151tq with pwjdm intake, berk 70mm tp, hks 75mm single. So once my kit goes on next month i will be doing another dyno at the same location and posting the results.
Got a b-series graph of before and after if you want.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:10 PM

will you be at the PRI show in Orlando with the boys from AT power???
I will be there with Jenvey i would like to talk to you about ITBs
Old 09-27-2012, 02:19 PM

Guys i needed to see if anyone could recommend a local shop near the Miami area to install my ITB setup along with cams and a few other things. My main concern is getting the ITB's setup correctly and synchronized. Please i really need some help or suggestions i dont mind having to tow the car as long as the install is good. I need to wire my tps sensor on the ITB's to run with the stock harness anyone know which wire is what on the stock harness? Thanks, your help would really make a big difference in someones life lol, im going nuts with this.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:11 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by bug man nrg
will you be at the PRI show in Orlando with the boys from AT power???
I will be there with Jenvey i would like to talk to you about ITBs
Probably not this year, budget is tight as I push R&D spend for last 3 projects.. Final mods on the ITBs, Headers and Cams..

We can talk anytime if you want to start a dialogue

Old 09-28-2012, 05:41 AM

I have a quick question. I will be doing my Jenvey install soon and i think i have gathered all the info i need except the following.

Are there any coolant lines or other types that need to be blocked off, put in loop or bypassed when installing the jenvey kit?

I know i will be removing the air pump and the lines associated with that due to going with AEM EMS.

Just trying to be prepared for this as much as i can. I'm sure once i get the stock manifold of it will become abundantly clear which items need to go/stay. Just would rather have all parts on hand and avoid running to the store 5 times during the install.

thanks again Urge and Endyne for your continued efforts in advancing our cars!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4forall
I have a quick question. I will be doing my Jenvey install soon and i think i have gathered all the info i need except the following.

Are there any coolant lines or other types that need to be blocked off, put in loop or bypassed when installing the jenvey kit?

I know i will be removing the air pump and the lines associated with that due to going with AEM EMS.

Just trying to be prepared for this as much as i can. I'm sure once i get the stock manifold of it will become abundantly clear which items need to go/stay. Just would rather have all parts on hand and avoid running to the store 5 times during the install.

thanks again Urge and Endyne for your continued efforts in advancing our cars!
The Jenvey kit should bolt up to the stock coolant lines.

The rest of the lines depend on your map block. You should have connection for MAP, Brake Booster and Fuel Pressure Reg minimal. You will need to mount your intake temp somewhere near the intake throttle. We will have IAC connection on our MAP block for smoother idle, most others dont. The other lines I believe are air injection on the intake and secondary injection on the manifold which you can block off and may need to disable in the EMS to not through a light.

I might be missing one other connection.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:47 AM

Ok awesome. Thank you. I have a vac block that has the basics. and i was going to remote the map with a small cnc machined block for it to bolt into.

Intake temp sensor i was just going to mount in the carbon fiber backing plate that came with the filter.

The coolant temp sensor just screws right into the manifold so im good there.

How soon will you have your map block done? I would love to get one if you plan on selling them separately and are reasonable on price.

Thanks again.