S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Bolt on combos

Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt on combos

MY00 is currently running a Fujita intake, stock headers and Mugen exhaust. Curious to see what combos people are running. Also got an invidia 70mm in the garage thinking of mating it with a TP or HFC. What to do, what to do?!!

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

dat sig
Old 02-16-2013, 06:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Are you looking for similar power numbers or sound tone, or maybe weight savings?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:37 PM

Well power for sure. Im curious to Know whether peeps ran a hfc or Kept it stock. Or using A test pipe instead. Basically examples andthe trials and errors for folks.

Ha thanks s1mba
Old 02-17-2013, 05:23 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

buy something to tune your car if you want power
Old 02-17-2013, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Aesthetics45
Well power for sure. Im curious to Know whether peeps ran a hfc or Kept it stock. Or using A test pipe instead. Basically examples andthe trials and errors for folks.

Ha thanks s1mba
well, the test pipe, Hfc, or stock cat depends on where or not it illegal where you live to have a test pipe. A test pipe when matted correctly to the diameter of your exhaust yields more power than a hfc or stock cat since it is less restrictive. When I was stock, a test pipe with stock exhaust showed gains. To be honest, it showed better gains than my AEM v2 intake lol. I honestly believe the stock header is the best bang for buck. Not too many headers out there can beat it, however, there are headers out there that weigh much less. As ellier stated ems is a good first mod option, I suggest that and a test pipe for starters. Then you can move toward a 3" exhaust, intake(I think the Oem piece is decent lol), and whatever else you want.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:53 PM

^All good info. Thats what i was leaning towards too (stock header and test pipe). Do test pipes restrict emissions at all?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:58 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

all bolt ons are maybe worth a couple hp, with an ideal set up, untuned your only gonna see like maybe 10whp. Not an exaggeration, you definitely wont notice a difference between a bolted on s2k vs stock. And if you do it wrong, the bolted on one will probably even be slower.

Get a test pipe and an exhaust and something to tune it with, get that vtec lowered to about 4k and make a ton of midrange and a little bit up top since the 00's run rich.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aesthetics45
^All good info. Thats what i was leaning towards too (stock header and test pipe). Do test pipes restrict emissions at all?
What do you mean by restrict emission? With a test pipe, you won't have any NOx reduction. If you have emission regulations in your state you will not pass them. You will get better flow and less restriction from a test pipe, but not any emission reduction.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136
all bolt ons are maybe worth a couple hp, with an ideal set up, untuned your only gonna see like maybe 10whp. Not an exaggeration, you definitely wont notice a difference between a bolted on s2k vs stock. And if you do it wrong, the bolted on one will probably even be slower.

Get a test pipe and an exhaust and something to tune it with, get that vtec lowered to about 4k and make a ton of midrange and a little bit up top since the 00's run rich.
I agree. Hell, only do test pipe and ems tuned. You will have better gains than a fully bolt on s thats untuned.

Quick Reply: Bolt on combos