S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.
View Poll Results: Which one is better for my 06 AP2 guys ?
CT Engineering intake
60.09%
K&N fipk intake
39.91%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

CT Engineering intake VS. K&N fipk intake

Old 02-06-2013, 12:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know if the CT ice box has fitment issues with larger radiators, beent trying to fiqure that out since from the pics the box seems way to close to the radiator.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 06 AP2. Just ordered the CT intake from Evasive. On the item page the title says 00-05 but it has an option for an 06+ model and the part number at the sale page changed to -035 but the CT engineering website says 06+ part # is -036. I contacted evasive with no response yet. Anyone know if they sent me the wrong one? Also at the bottom it says it fits 00-06 so I don't really get it.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't recall the exact difference but it had to do with the DBW system and possibly the secondary air injection. The 00-05 might have an extra hole in the intake hose. Don't quote me on that. I'm pretty sure it will fit, you just might have to plug a hole.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kermdaddy
I can't recall the exact difference but it had to do with the DBW system and possibly the secondary air injection. The 00-05 might have an extra hole in the intake hose. Don't quote me on that. I'm pretty sure it will fit, you just might have to plug a hole.
Evasive got back to me last night. They sent me the right one but the part # was wrong. they corrected it on their website to avoid others thinking the same thing.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Went from K&N to aem v2. The aem makes more power being a long tube style cold air intake, but how do I miss the GROWL from the K&N. It just sounded so mean and vtec was so much more pronounced. I would definitely recommend the k&n to anyone unless they are looking for max power.

I've heard many intakes on the s2k and the K&N sounds the best by far imo

The k&n does get heat soaked if sitting in traffic for a bit, but it quickly dissipates when the car gets moving
Old 04-14-2013, 10:11 AM

any back to back to back to back dynos of the K&N, CT and AEM and Stock intakes on an AP2?
Old 04-26-2013, 04:54 PM

I had the Aem V2 intake loved it but when it comes to winter time and rain Id rather run a Comptech intake after a few weeks of running the intake I sold the aem v2 and keep the Comptech sticking with them from now on
Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 PM

At the time of install i knew that at least my particular intake that I was delivered was a piece of crap. I couldn't even mount the 3 screws that hold it down, because none matched up to the holes they were supposed to mount to. The only hole that would mount had to be widened to actually seat properly and I had no choice but to use a zip tie for one hole. The mounting bracket that was supposed to be used for the horn relocation only had one hole in it, when it obviously needed 2! After almost a month or so with my Comp-tech ice box the lid screws have come out(even with lock tight) 4 times. And like everyone else I've had to use foam to assist with the rattling which is getting annoying.

TBO this design is old enough that this should not happen. I thought I was paying for a higher quality product. The look, the non-heat soak factor and the sound are all no longer worth it.

If I had to do it again I'd get the K&N.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by GravyRobber
Originally Posted by twinpnoy84' timestamp='1335302147' post='21639315
[quote name='S2k007' timestamp='1335301561' post='21639295']
[quote name='GravyRobber' timestamp='1335301238' post='21639280']
I have the K&N and kinda wish I would have just left it stock. In fact, I might just put the stock one back on this weekend.
Why do you feel this way?
Yes, please tell us why you feel this way?
[/quote]

I just feel like the K&N is of poor quality now that I see it in person. The "heat shield" looks like some kind of generic piece that was adapted for the S2000. The mounting of everything is marginal, at best. The whole system just fits loosely and is free to just "flop" around. The hole in the heat shield is about 2X as big as it needs to be for the intake arm to fit, resulting in a loose fit. The cradle thing that is supposed to support the intake arm is all but useless, and again, 2X the size it needs to be to hold anything with any security. There are no provisions to secure the vacuum and coolant lines that were once secured to the OEM pipe assembly and/or air box. Now I have a mess of zip ties holding everything up and away from the serpentine belt.

I understand that it isn't a "big money" intake. I did, however, think that K&N would have done a better job of ironing out all the small details.

The positives is that it sounds great, and I do think my butt dyno can feel a difference in response and power. To do it over again, I'd probably go with a CT, solely because of a more "solid" fit.

Name:  762b7799.jpg
Views: 1791
Size:  105.7 KB
[/quote]

You didnt install the cradle correctly that could be why its loose. You needed to put the steel bolt closure around it and tighten
Old 05-22-2013, 04:13 PM

I've had a CT for about a month now and I love it. Sounds good and looks great. The only issue I've had with it is a slight fitment issue. One of the screws for the CF lid doesn't line up with the hole on the airbox correctly, so I'm running it with 3 screws instead of 4. Other than that, it's been wonderful.

Quick Reply: CT Engineering intake VS. K&N fipk intake