S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Intake manifold a good purchase?

Old 09-04-2014, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah we were all waiting for any kind of testing on that Pro Jay manifold, but it never happened.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:40 AM

I haven't seen it mentioned here, now I don't know a whole lot about it, but Magnus developed an Intake that I haven't seen any real data on, at least for an NA application. Thing is though, I've reached out to them via email, and phone numerous times and have not heard anything at all back. The phone number seems to be disconnected as well.

The link to their site: http://magnusmotorsports.com/product...take-manifold/

I'd be very interested to learn more about it if anyone has any info.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by furian777
I haven't seen it mentioned here, now I don't know a whole lot about it, but Magnus developed an Intake that I haven't seen any real data on, at least for an NA application. Thing is though, I've reached out to them via email, and phone numerous times and have not heard anything at all back. The phone number seems to be disconnected as well.

lol they probably went out of business.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by furian777

This is going back a few years, but IIRC the prototype was stolen and they didn't seem interested in making a new one.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by iDomN8U
Originally Posted by furian777' timestamp='1411141254' post='23337332

This is going back a few years, but IIRC the prototype was stolen and they didn't seem interested in making a new one.
Theres a product available for sale on their site, as well as Kings performance's website .

A little update on this if anyone is interested, I called the guys at kings performance asking about it, but being that they're turbo guys, they advised against the manifold for an NA set up (hp to $ wise), but they did confirm it is indeed available, and would take 3+ weeks to get as they are made to order I understand. They also said that magnus is still in business, just "lets just say they're hard to get a hold of", was my answer; so whatever that means. I did advise the guy at kings performance that the interest in the manifold is not so much just for the manifold "flow" itself, but for the ability to run a 90mm TB, to which he said that he thinks a 90mm TB would be too big for a NA set up. I'm not convinced of that, but I'm no expert.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got off the phone with Magnus (there not far from me).

They are making this intake, they can customize the TB to whatever size you want, plus they can add secondary injector ports.

there's a turn around time obviously, but it's like 3 weeks.

I'm happy to hear that thier back in this for the s2000. They are big in the DSM game
Old 09-26-2014, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by iDomN8U
Got off the phone with Magnus (there not far from me).

They are making this intake, they can customize the TB to whatever size you want, plus they can add secondary injector ports.

there's a turn around time obviously, but it's like 3 weeks.

I'm happy to hear that thier back in this for the s2000. They are big in the DSM game
Thanks for the update
Old 09-29-2014, 10:15 AM
HPC

I had very good results with Magnus manifolds for various customers (on Lancer Evos only). Im hoping this one is no exception