S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

j's exhaust ap2 fitment issue

Old 12-18-2012, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rosario717
Originally Posted by aznsupastar' timestamp='1355681960' post='22213673
Thx guys 4 ur opinion. I have a 08. So I likely run into similar issue. The loudness of the exhaust doesn't bother me since the car is not dd. But I refuse to spent $1300+. On an exhaust that isn't going to fit. I guess I have to go other route.

What else has titanium tip n loud. Not invidia!

Both the j's 60 and 70 RS will not fit without some alterations underneath the car to my06 or higher but its very minimal.. Im not handy for shit and luckily work at a honda store so had my tech friends put my car on a lift and do what they had to do which was not to use all the hangers and 2nd trim down so little bar that goes across the exhaust tunnel which was all done in 15mins and I havent had an issue with it since..The fit n finish of the j's is 2nd to none ,proven to gain power especially with a tune which I did, best of all the 60rs tips angle to the sides a bit which from my research is the only exhaust built that way so I smile everytime I look at my car from behind and always get questions n compliments about it
thx, i would luv to own a j's 70RS but since few ppl have already confirmed that it won't fit an AP2 i think i will just have to get something else. i don't have anyone with that much skill to get j's exhuast to fit and i also don't want to drop $1300 on an exhuast that won't fit no matter what power gain or sound it has.

damn u j's!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Greddy tic has a titanium tip and is loud. Great sounding exhaust. Recently has been discontinued, but cam still be found
Old 12-21-2012, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by rosario717
Originally Posted by s2kslav' timestamp='1355584967' post='22212341
What year ap2 do you have? I have an 05 ap2 with the Js 70rs single and fitment is spot on. However when we installed a js 70rr on my buddies 07 s2k it wasn't perfect. It was doable but the tie bar in the rear did not fit with the exhaust.

I have an 06 ap2 with a dual 60rs and at first the things hit the exhaust tunnel when cold and rattled like crazy.. We had to trim down some small metal beam than goes across the tunnel around the bpipe area but I dont know what its called at all... Then we figured out one of the hangers was a problem so we didnt use all of the oem hangers and its been fine ever since.. Evasive which is where I got my exhaust from stated on 06 and higher model years the exhaust tunnel is shaped differently so j's will fit better on previous years.. They told me the rear sway bar or tie bar (dont remember) will also be a problem with the 70rs as well which is why I got the 60rs.. Ive been happy with it mated to a hfc and flashed my ecu as well but im trying to find away to lower the drone and vibrations I know have in my trunk.. I love the look,style and quality of j's but if I had to do it again Id get something quieter since i daily drive my car
any chance u have a photo of the work u did on the transmission tunnel to get it working? thanks!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:57 AM

Due to the chassis change on the passenger floor board. You will need to make a dent on one of the corners to clear the exhaust pipe. You will not see the dent from inside the car. Best is to use a 19mm socket ( since it is rounded ) and use the socket as a template to make a clean smooth rounded dent. You will know where the dent is needed once you line up the exhaust. - GoTuning
The following users liked this post:
kenstyle (03-16-2020)
Old 12-21-2012, 09:59 AM

thx bro. u got a 70RS dual on an AP2? any chance u got a photo of this fix?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:57 AM

Naw sorry, It still hasn't been shipped yet been waiting 3 months so far :|
Old 12-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayC07
Naw sorry, It still hasn't been shipped yet been waiting 3 months so far :|
I waited 6months for mine lol If I get my car up on a lift at my job soon I'll take a pic of it underneath.. My friend whos a tech at my job which is Honda lol did the work for me.. I dont know what its called but theres a small bar that is on the car which honestly looks useless that goes across the tunnel.. We had to grind it down a bit so the bpipe wouldnt hit and I have a 60rs. When I had my pos invidia laying next to my j's I noticed why the j's was almost twice the price lol the fit finish and quality are 2nd to none. I wouldve loved the 70 but its too loud for my taste requires some more work from what evasive told me
Old 12-22-2012, 03:16 AM

Lol i hope i dont have to wait that long! They ( GoTuning) told me it would be arriving in the states at the end of this month so hopefully there not bs'n.

Rosario u run a tp with it or hfc? You should take a video of ur exhaust so I can hear it

Also what did evasive tell you? Would you be able to post that information??
Old 12-22-2012, 04:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayC07
Lol i hope i dont have to wait that long! They ( GoTuning) told me it would be arriving in the states at the end of this month so hopefully there not bs'n.

Rosario u run a tp with it or hfc? You should take a video of ur exhaust so I can hear it

Also what did evasive tell you? Would you be able to post that information??
I dont have a real camera available lol Just a droid and you know how good those are lol but I'll see what I can do. I have a HFC but about 2 weeks ago tried a TP and that didnt work out too well either lol The hfc fits perfect but I would have to chop up the bpipe on my exhaust in order to make the TP fit t without rubbing against the body of the car.. The TP was a bit longer than the hfc and that was causing problems.. Its a long story but I wasnt cutting up a $1300 exhaust for a $75 TP so I left the hfc and sold the TP to a member here whos happy with it on his stock exhaust system so far.. I also flashed my ecu with a flashpro so the lower vtec engagement and better exhaust works great with the car.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:49 AM

Ya all I have in my S is a FIPK, berk 70mm tp and flash pro ( toda tune). As soon as my exhaust comes im going to bring it to Evans and have him tune it

Quick Reply: j's exhaust ap2 fitment issue