S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

N/a -what computer to run?

Old 05-07-2013, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default N/a -what computer to run?

So I. Was wondering if I have a n/a 2001 s2k and by n/a I mean ..headers-intake-test pipe-exhaust. Would a tune be necessary? I know a tune would make better power but would it be needed.

Also I live In MA so the car has to be able to pass emissions so a STAND ALONE will not happen.

If I were to run hondata would I be able to pass emissions with it in?

Thank you
Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 AM

You can't run Hondata, you have an 01. I mean, you could, but it'll be way too much work. You don't need a tune, but it will help with power and stuff. If you're worried about emissions, shouldn't you be running a cat?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by helloimsteve
You can't run Hondata, you have an 01. I mean, you could, but it'll be way too much work. You don't need a tune, but it will help with power and stuff. If you're worried about emissions, shouldn't you be running a cat?
I haven't modded the car yet. I plan on running the setup I mentioned above. With the test pipe you can always do a 02 simulator to not throw off the sensor. But my question is would I be able to run any type of software that I can still be hooked up for emissions and pass
Old 05-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Site Moderator

Received 350 Likes on 304 Posts

Your only choices are greddy emanage ultimate or kpro which is a stand alone but it retains the ability to pass emissions.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:47 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Hondata KPRO or Greddy Emanage ultimate are your only two options, as mentioned already
Old 05-07-2013, 01:35 PM

Which is a better system to go for? I haven't heard alot about greddy emanage. And kpro I have heard tons.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Site Moderator

Received 350 Likes on 304 Posts

It really depends on how deep your pockets are. Kpro is about $2k for everything and it is a very difficult install as numerous sensors must be swapped out. However it does allow for a complete tune as it is a stand alone.

Emanage is a piggy back system but it has a great deal of functionality. I currently run it and got a nice bump in midrange from getting tuned. You can pick up a used one with a harness for about $400-500 and then you just need a wideband to tune it. I would check around your are and see if anyone is able to tune it though as it is not as common as the hondata stuff.

It is worth mentioning that the prices of both don't include what you actually pay the tuner to tune your car.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
It really depends on how deep your pockets are. Kpro is about $2k for everything and it is a very difficult install as numerous sensors must be swapped out. However it does allow for a complete tune as it is a stand alone.

Emanage is a piggy back system but it has a great deal of functionality. I currently run it and got a nice bump in midrange from getting tuned. You can pick up a used one with a harness for about $400-500 and then you just need a wideband to tune it. I would check around your are and see if anyone is able to tune it though as it is not as common as the hondata stuff.

It is worth mentioning that the prices of both don't include what you actually pay the tuner to tune your car.

Do you like greddy alot For what it is? And also does doing the parts I listed above even really need a tune ? Or is it good just to free up the flow and stuff
Old 05-07-2013, 02:48 PM

And money wise id have to go with greddy.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're just doing basic NA mods could get something like an AEM EMS and just install the stock ECU when it came time for emissions then throw it back on after you pass?

Quick Reply: N/a -what computer to run?