S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

naturally aspirated power?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by g0g3tt4
I'm looking into swapping a k motor into the car. With bolt-ons, ems, and tune you're looking at half that 18k price tag with more horsepower and more options. Still doing homework, but its an intriguing idea.
Kmod sells a crate for $8,399.00 its supposed to make 300whp
Itb 2250$ extra "so its a comparative build"

Balade sport k swap conversion kit 3,699.99$

Hondata k pro 1500$ (new rsx computer)

Tuning 500$

Total 16,348$

As you can see you are far from half the price here but it is not a bad swap and all

Also it uses 13.5 or 14.5:1 vs 12.5 for a urge build so it is a wilder build and can have issues on pump gas

Another advantage of the f20 f22 is that the fully ported head can flow more then a k series one in the end so its another + for the F series

So we are talking 2-3k difference down the line with the k series swap but they are more readily available and if you blow one up your not stuck buying cores since they include them in the price so i guess its more like a 3-4k difference in the end
Old 03-18-2014, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by wadzii
there are a ton of 2.4 liter motors with stock, head, stock intake, stock header and stock exhaust in the 260hp range.

There is no reason a 2.4 cant be reliable. We build k24's that make 300hp on pump gas all day long and last a long time.

A 2.4 will be more responsive, rev the same and last a long time. been there done that. The main roadblock for an s2000 is intake manifold and cam selection, both of which we are in the process of fixing.

Your now talking about a different engine i taught you where talking about a stroked f series engine ?

yes the k24 have better rod stroke ratio then a stroked f series so you are not having to deal with the downside of stroker engine my bad lol
Old 03-18-2014, 10:31 AM

If I was to aim for 300 I think I would go the 2.4 liter route as well.

Idlew1ld just to piggy back on some of your numbers if anyone is really interested in doing this.

Flashpro used is $550
Tune in my area is $300

I believe you had these listed at $1500 and $500. For "my" situation seeing as I have an 06. I've already knocked $1200 off your numbers. I'm sure I can achieve the same results and spend a lot less IMO. For middle class owners like myself I think it's possible to get to 300 hp with 10k or less.

I think I can argue the build quality of both engines would be similar.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Uwan

Idlew1ld just to piggy back on some of your numbers if anyone is really interested in doing this.

Flashpro used is $550
Tune in my area is $300

I believe you had these listed at $1500 and $500. For "my" situation seeing as I have an 06. I've already knocked $1200 off your numbers. I'm sure I can achieve the same results and spend a lot less IMO. For middle class owners like myself I think it's possible to get to 300 hp with 10k or less.

Ok well let me tell you that i came here to give a good insight on what he asked and i can assure you that i will not sit here and argue what you can get used and what not to cut cost

Please feel free to start a post and show us how to make 300whp reliable setup for 10k all inclusive including core swap parts headers tuning and all the other parts needed

I even took the time to show you a break down of a k swap crate that vendors sell that supports 300whp (and comparable type build with itb) and your arguing with this also so on this this will be the last post i do in this thread as i have no time to loose here with keyboard racers peace
Old 03-18-2014, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by idlew1ld
Originally Posted by Uwan' timestamp='1395167466' post='23068924

Flashpro used is $550
Tune in my area is $300

Ok well let me tell you that i came here to give a good insight on what he asked and i can assure you that i will not sit here and argue what you can get used and what not to cut cost

Please feel free to start a post and show us how to make 300whp reliable setup for 10k all inclusive including core swap parts headers tuning and all the other parts needed

I even took the time to show you a break down of a k swap crate that vendors sell that supports 300whp (and comparable type build with itb) and your arguing with this also so on this this will be the last post i do in this thread as i have no time to loose here with keyboard racers peace
Keyboard racers? Wow, it was a friendly convo bro. Just because our opinions are different doesn't mean it need to get nasty. I was enjoying your insight and I appreciate the time you took to write up the cost of everything. This is a forum, we are all here to learn what we can and share different ideas and experiences with each other. Now a days it seems like if you don't agree with someone on a topic there needs to be a gun fight to hash it out. This is why I don't really post on here. For the record I apologize. Still look forward to seeing your build thread when your Urge motor is complete. Good luck bro!

Uwan
Old 03-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

here's 300hp-- prices rough cause its easy to add

pistons - shelf wiseco pistons $550
rods - inline pro f24 rods with upgraded bolts - 800
crank - oem honda k24 - 350
crank modifications - 100
bearings - acl race - 150
gasket set - 200
RLZ CNC Cylinder head includes valve job, resurface and reassmeble 1500
Supertech valve springs/retainers 350
cams (right now bc2 soon svm 212) 650
intake manifold modified inhouse with q45 tb 1000
assembly 1000
block work (darton dry sleeves) 750

Thats 7400 give or take a little b/c of rough pricing. It'll make 300. our k24 packages are about the same price, they make 300 to the tires all day on pump gas. I assume everyone
Old 03-18-2014, 11:40 AM

Uwan I am sorry if that came out like this but i took the time to show you 2 comparative and i think i provided comprehensive comparative builds to ensure that information was kept real here and you now wanted to argue this with how you could get used part and what not and i did over react on this

I think you have some good understanding in what goes into these engine and 300-330 whp on mild compression is a lot on these and it may be possible to get them cheaper but to think that you can cut 44% off that build is not something that should be pushed to hard on the forum because allot of guys rely on this place for information and this might give them the wrong idea of whats actually involved in doing so

So on this lets keep it reasonable and realest possible for others and on my part i will try and be more patient time

thanks!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by wadzii
here's 300hp-- prices rough cause its easy to add

pistons - shelf wiseco pistons $550
rods - inline pro f24 rods with upgraded bolts - 800
crank - oem honda k24 - 350
crank modifications - 100
bearings - acl race - 150
gasket set - 200
RLZ CNC Cylinder head includes valve job, resurface and reassmeble 1500
Supertech valve springs/retainers 350
cams (right now bc2 soon svm 212) 650
intake manifold modified inhouse with q45 tb 1000
assembly 1000
block work (darton dry sleeves) 750

Thats 7400 give or take a little b/c of rough pricing. It'll make 300. our k24 packages are about the same price, they make 300 to the tires all day on pump gas. I assume everyone
So you are 7,400.00$ the swap i used as an example was 8,399.00$ there is still the cost of the swap to take into consideration so it still does not end up being 10k

Your missing the swap kit which is half the price of that engine ecu and tuning and itb to make it an apples vs apples comparison with the engine combination i posted up there @ 18k
Old 03-18-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by idlew1ld
So you are 7,400.00$ the swap i used as an example was 8,399.00$ there is still the cost of the swap to take into consideration so it still does not end up being 10k

Your missing the swap kit which is half the price of that engine ecu and tuning and itb to make it an apples vs apples comparison with the engine combination i posted up there @ 18k
I think Wadzii was talking F24 not K24, so the swap kit is not needed and thus apples to apples comparison.

I don't think people need to pay $15k plus to get these levels of power. If you are paying to have it built for you, yes, it will cost a lot more because of labor costs. As good and highly developed that the Urge motor is, no doubt, there are many ways to skin a cat and their motor is one way. There are many ways to get to 300whp -all motor. If a person was patient and skilled enough, the build can be done for substantailly less.

As you said before, people rely on these forums for information. If you post that Urge can do it for 18k, then you need to post how much a skilled "layman" can do it for in their own garage or shop. This would give a range of cost and be more representative, i.e. it could cost 9k-18k to gain......blah blah blah.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Aurex
Originally Posted by idlew1ld' timestamp='1395172021' post='23069061

I think Wadzii was talking F24 not K24, so the swap kit is not needed and thus apples to apples comparison.

I don't think people need to pay $15k plus to get these levels of power. If you are paying to have it built for you, yes, it will cost a lot more because of labor costs. As good and highly developed that the Urge motor is, no doubt, there are many ways to skin a cat and their motor is one way. There are many ways to get to 300whp -all motor. If a person was patient and skilled enough, the build can be done for substantailly less.

As you said before, people rely on these forums for information. If you post that Urge can do it for 18k, then you need to post how much a skilled "layman" can do it for in their own garage or shop. This would give a range of cost and be more representative, i.e. it could cost 9k-18k to gain......blah blah blah.

No look at post 20 he is talking about a k24

Quick Reply: naturally aspirated power?