S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Review: Berk Technology 3" Single Headerback Exhaust

Old 04-05-2013, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mugen_rsx09
I've had the Berks Exhaust for about 5 months and I love it!! Now I want to install an aftermarket header, what would you guys recommend?
I got the j's racing header. havn't put it in yet, but when i do, i'll let you know if it sounds any different or any power gains

Originally Posted by 09fg2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTm_R...IXJRHm8ECouple more video's, not the best quality, but still gives you somewhat better of an idea of what you're in for. This exhaust sounds so good, WOT and rev-matching downshifts are unbeatable.
i see you have a cr as well. but, inside my cr is sounds different. i dunno
Old 04-12-2013, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper15
Originally Posted by mugen_rsx09' timestamp='1363036723' post='22396683
I've had the Berks Exhaust for about 5 months and I love it!! Now I want to install an aftermarket header, what would you guys recommend?
I got the j's racing header. havn't put it in yet, but when i do, i'll let you know if it sounds any different or any power gains

Originally Posted by 09fg2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTm_R...IXJRHm8ECouple more video's, not the best quality, but still gives you somewhat better of an idea of what you're in for. This exhaust sounds so good, WOT and rev-matching downshifts are unbeatable.
i see you have a cr as well. but, inside my cr is sounds different. i dunno
Did you get the cat-delete option or the catted? The one on my car is the cat-delete model, which I'd imagine would sound a little different. It's also tuned on Flashpro with VTEC set at 3500rpm's so it's on the more aggressive cam much earlier than stock, which could change the tone. Lastly it could just be the camera I used, which admittedly is not the highest quality. Hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:48 PM

Hey guys, I just installed this on my AP1 and love it! thanks for helping decide what to get OP.
few questions tho, the 2 rubber mounts that came with the kit, where do they go?
also the xtra hanger they gave you, anyone have a picture of where that bolts up to?
the way I have it, its rubber my rear lip and it rattles against the bolt underneath.
thanks!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 9KRPM2.0
Hey guys, I just installed this on my AP1 and love it! thanks for helping decide what to get OP.
few questions tho, the 2 rubber mounts that came with the kit, where do they go?
also the xtra hanger they gave you, anyone have a picture of where that bolts up to?
the way I have it, its rubber my rear lip and it rattles against the bolt underneath.
thanks!
The mount goes to the diff to help secure the exhaust better. You need to play with the mounts to have it sit properly so it doesn't contact portions of the car.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

/\/\ Tell me about it. I'm going to have to cut the mounts off mine to fix them. As supplied (complete integrated HFC, 3" system), there's only about 7mm of clearance to both the inner CV joint bolt heads and 7mm to the rear subframe; it isn't sufficient, considering how loosely the system is positioned. And two gripes--first, why aren't the mounting posts beveled on the backside like the stock parts? It's nearly impossible to remove the rubber isolator after they have been slid on. Secondly, and Berk isn't the only one guilty of this: why in god's name does everyone convert the rearmost double-point isolator mount into a single point isolator, and then struggle with trying to keep the exhaust from moving around? It boggles my mind. Honda did that for a reason. Gah.

The parts are beautiful however, and the bends are well made and everything looks otherwise high quality, but holy hell I would prefer if it just fit.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by thepoi
/\/\ Tell me about it. I'm going to have to cut the mounts off mine to fix them. As supplied (complete integrated HFC, 3" system), there's only about 7mm of clearance to both the inner CV joint bolt heads and 7mm to the rear subframe; it isn't sufficient, considering how loosely the system is positioned. And two gripes--first, why aren't the mounting posts beveled on the backside like the stock parts? It's nearly impossible to remove the rubber isolator after they have been slid on. Secondly, and Berk isn't the only one guilty of this: why in god's name does everyone convert the rearmost double-point isolator mount into a single point isolator, and then struggle with trying to keep the exhaust from moving around? It boggles my mind. Honda did that for a reason. Gah.

The parts are beautiful however, and the bends are well made and everything looks otherwise high quality, but holy hell I would prefer if it just fit.
It fit perfectly for me and had no rubbing issues despite hopping curbs and pulling close to 1.5Gs on certain tracks. Roads in California are horrendous. With the vibration, I still didn't contact the tubing. Overall, it feels flimsy, but it's fairly solid when done right.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First problem with this exhaust set up! no biggie but my exhaust clamp some how broke and also stripped the threads on the bolt & nut. Ordered a new one from berk for 15$ just to lazy to put it on. Non the less this is this an amazing sound exhaust!

Fast shipping, I ordered it and it arrived at my house 2 days later
Old 01-17-2014, 07:52 AM

Just bought the Berk 3" catback version, very upset regarding QC. The fabricator cut the midpipe too long and decided to take a grinder to the three bolt flange to shave down the pipe sticking past the flange... So I now have a gouged flange (will probably seal ok) and pipe sticking past the flange (will not seal, I will have to dremel the pipe down without knicking the flange too bad, only ~1/16" past in two spots, sloppy) CHECK YOUR FLANGES BEFORE YOU INSTALL! I have worked in a metal shop, that welder at Berk needs a vacation or something more permanent, a grinder was the wrong tool to try and fix his mistake, a die grinder would have been the correct tool for the job or perhaps cut your pipe to the correct length before welding the flange on it.

/soapbox
Old 01-20-2014, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by buldozr
Just bought the Berk 3" catback version, very upset regarding QC. The fabricator cut the midpipe too long and decided to take a grinder to the three bolt flange to shave down the pipe sticking past the flange... So I now have a gouged flange (will probably seal ok) and pipe sticking past the flange (will not seal, I will have to dremel the pipe down without knicking the flange too bad, only ~1/16" past in two spots, sloppy) CHECK YOUR FLANGES BEFORE YOU INSTALL! I have worked in a metal shop, that welder at Berk needs a vacation or something more permanent, a grinder was the wrong tool to try and fix his mistake, a die grinder would have been the correct tool for the job or perhaps cut your pipe to the correct length before welding the flange on it.

/soapbox
Probably should work with Berk on this issue.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedstar808
This is the SSR/Berk Technology single (street version) it is a cat-back unit with a large resonator.

Here are some pics of the exhaust.

Quieter and better response than my previous Invidia Q300 dual!!! No drone at all...very easy on the ears. vids will be posted shortly.

Has anyone ever ordered the modified Berk w/ resonator? Definitely interested in the Berk, but would prefer to keep the noise/drone down as much as possible.

Quick Reply: Review: Berk Technology 3" Single Headerback Exhaust