S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

s2000 with iVTEC

Old 07-01-2010, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok... I'm out of date when it comes to the N/A scene. Just a year ago I was reading up on Giles EMU then recently bought the black version. Now I'm getting a FF header in about 2-3 months. I have the Greddy 70mm single but the HKS 75mm just came out. Damn what a fast pace the N/A scene is on.

Anywho I do a bunch of reading before I actually buy the product and this time I ddint' feel like reading. At least not all of it as far as ivtec goes. So can someone give a quick run down? Like how much is it for this kit? Where do I buy it at? I'm just going to be a noob on this one since I'm too lazy to read. And btw, is it an easy DIY or professional instal is highly recommended?

Thanks.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Hirevs2k,Jul 1 2010, 05:29 AM
Ok... I'm out of date when it comes to the N/A scene. Just a year ago I was reading up on Giles EMU then recently bought the black version. Now I'm getting a FF header in about 2-3 months. I have the Greddy 70mm single but the HKS 75mm just came out. Damn what a fast pace the N/A scene is on.

Anywho I do a bunch of reading before I actually buy the product and this time I ddint' feel like reading. At least not all of it as far as ivtec goes. So can someone give a quick run down? Like how much is it for this kit? Where do I buy it at? I'm just going to be a noob on this one since I'm too lazy to read. And btw, is it an easy DIY or professional instal is highly recommended?

Thanks.
Here is your info...

Cost: $50,000
Where to buy: iVtec Kit
Anyone can throw it in in five minutes or less...super easy!!!

John
Old 07-01-2010, 05:41 AM

Lol. Pretty fun bro. On a serious note, is there anyone out there that can fill me in or more ppl like GPW AP2 going to scare away potential customers?
Old 07-01-2010, 05:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirevs2k,Jul 1 2010, 08:41 AM
Lol. Pretty fun bro. On a serious note, is there anyone out there that can fill me in or more ppl like GPW AP2 going to scare away potential customers?
What a waste of bandwidth. Do you know how many times people have come into this thread, and asked these same questions out of laziness? It's people like you that ruin good threads!

BTW, do some research on the FF header before buying it. IIRC, it is more beneficial for people who want to stick with the stock tune. If you have a tuning solution, there are much better headers.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:09 AM

Hirevs2k: If you go back one (1) page, and look for the posts by the vendor "D-Craft" you will get all the information that you need. I can understand not wanting to read through everything in a 41 page thread, but the least you could do is read the last 5 pages to get the most recent status on the topic... :\

If you are serious about getting iVTEC, I would consider holding out on getting that FF header until you see what the gains are for a header specifically tuned for the ECS. Just my suggestion, though.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomAP1,Jul 1 2010, 06:09 AM
Hirevs2k: If you go back one (1) page, and look for the posts by the vendor "D-Craft" you will get all the information that you need. I can understand not wanting to read through everything in a 41 page thread, but the least you could do is read the last 5 pages to get the most recent status on the topic... :\

If you are serious about getting iVTEC, I would consider holding out on getting that FF header until you see what the gains are for a header specifically tuned for the ECS. Just my suggestion, though.
Thank god someone actually pointed me to a direction on where to read. That's why I get too lazy to read because after doing so much research on the product that I'm interested in getting usually is a thread full of people making a bunch of bs.

I remember reading somewhere awhile ago why some people left this site all together. And their main reasons were people just didn't bother to help them. And I'm already leaning towards with those people. Also, there was a guy who had the first gen. hytech header that posted on youtube.com, he stopped going here becuase of ass hats making bad comments about his set up. Hytech header w/o a cat-back exhaust that was his set up and all he wanted to do was try it out. I totally wanted to know more info about that Hytech header along with soooo many other people. But oh well just saying.

Gernby. I have read all about the FF header which is why I'm going to get it. They did everythign based on a completely stock s2k. If it makes power over the stock header with everything else stock..... hmm... Anyways I'm not here to thread jack or anything just want some useful info w/o reading the little bs in between like we have made here.

Well back to topic. I'll read the last 5 post, once again thanks Phantom.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:12 AM

all I'm saying is that the info for anything and everything is still on the site. people not spoon feeding you the information is not them "not helping you". On the internet, you are perfectly capable of helping yourself.

that being said, I highly recommend going back and at least skimming every page of this thread and picking out the non-bs material. completely worth it, as Gary has been more than helpful with answering questions. But it typically gets answered once, hence the archive values of a thread. or send him a personal email. you can expect a thorough response.

good luck!
Old 07-02-2010, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hirevs2k,Jul 2 2010, 05:34 AM
Thank god someone actually pointed me to a direction on where to read. That's why I get too lazy to read because after doing so much research on the product that I'm interested in getting usually is a thread full of people making a bunch of bs.

I remember reading somewhere awhile ago why some people left this site all together. And their main reasons were people just didn't bother to help them. And I'm already leaning towards with those people. Also, there was a guy who had the first gen. hytech header that posted on youtube.com, he stopped going here becuase of ass hats making bad comments about his set up. Hytech header w/o a cat-back exhaust that was his set up and all he wanted to do was try it out. I totally wanted to know more info about that Hytech header along with soooo many other people. But oh well just saying.

Gernby. I have read all about the FF header which is why I'm going to get it. They did everythign based on a completely stock s2k. If it makes power over the stock header with everything else stock..... hmm... Anyways I'm not here to thread jack or anything just want some useful info w/o reading the little bs in between like we have made here.

Well back to topic. I'll read the last 5 post, once again thanks Phantom.
Stop being a cry baby talking about people leaving the site. People like you are the ones that are ruining it. Can't do some damn research on your own.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by QuagmireS2k,Jul 2 2010, 11:04 AM
Stop being a cry baby talking about people leaving the site. People like you are the ones that are ruining it. Can't do some damn research on your own.
Anyways, on a mature level..

Thanks BreakneckS2k, I've already done so. Was a good read btw. But it seems I'll have to wait on it since I'm getting a giles emu.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW guys.

If you'r not willing to look for the info, then why should someone help you?

Quick Reply: s2000 with iVTEC