Stroker kits - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Stroker kits

Old 03-26-2018, 03:27 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
MarcusDubya77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Schonaich, Germany
Posts: 269
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Stroker kits

I thought I would look into a stroker kit since my head gasket blew and I possibly need a rebuild. What is the general consensus for a reliable stroker kit? Is 275whp feasible with ITBs? What kind of supporting mods would it take?
MarcusDubya77 is offline  
Old 03-26-2018, 05:49 PM
  #2  
 
Oneloveknk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Amherst Ma.
Posts: 812
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Oneloveknk is offline  
Old 03-27-2018, 09:29 AM
  #3  
Moderator
 
Feezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,564
Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Default

You can barely handle getting the ITBs going. You need to focus on getting everything up and running before getting any deeper into the motor.

Not to mention that this topic has been discussed to death over the past 15 years on these forums. How many guys do you hear of who are running ITBs on a stroked F series making 275?
Feezy is offline  
Old 03-27-2018, 10:04 AM
  #4  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
MarcusDubya77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Schonaich, Germany
Posts: 269
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I figured that I should at least look into it since there is a possibility the engine was going to be coming apart. It is out of my league, now, which is why it is going into a shop. It has to be up in 60 days to ship to Germany. I figured I might source the parts if its a route that I choose to take. The threads I have already read do not provide any real consistency. I have seen a lot of back and forth.
MarcusDubya77 is offline  
Old 03-27-2018, 12:12 PM
  #5  
 
flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,473
Thanked 109 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Go back to stock and get it running.
Do you really want an even higher level of mess in another continent, do they even allow these kind of modifications without TÜV approvals?
flanders is offline  
Old 03-27-2018, 12:30 PM
  #6  
 
noodels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 3,251
Thanked 52 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Will only take a day or 2 to get another HG on there & up and running & at minimum expense.
And a do it yourself maybe £100.
Taking the head of should reveal any bore damage & go from there,if the bores/head,valve are fcuk"d from the over heating & HG failure it may be a game changer anyway.then look into a complete stroker engine 11k $ if you want reliable motor..
noodels is offline  
Old 03-27-2018, 01:27 PM
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,711
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MarcusDubya77 View Post
I thought I would look into a stroker kit since my head gasket blew and I possibly need a rebuild. What is the general consensus for a reliable stroker kit? Is 275whp feasible with ITBs? What kind of supporting mods would it take?
You need more then just Stroke and ITB's to get there. Local guy here did a F24 with ITB's and made 240whp on 12.5:1 compression. Your gonna need head work and cams to get there. F heads flow IIRC about 330cfm. I got to 274whp with a head that flowed 340cfm with pretty large cams in a K24 with 13.7:1 and E85. To break the 300whp mark it took 14:1 more bore and a head that flowed 365cfm.

Last edited by Mrsideways; 03-27-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Mrsideways is offline  
Old 03-28-2018, 05:18 AM
  #8  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
MarcusDubya77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Schonaich, Germany
Posts: 269
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Yeah. I read a pretty extensive thread where a guy was making 330 on N/A, but holy smokes the amount of work was insane. I have some very mild BC 2 cams and the Haywards. I am guessing I could maybe get to 250ish with some mild headwork and stroke. It just might not be worth the costs.
MarcusDubya77 is offline  
Old 03-28-2018, 07:53 AM
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,711
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MarcusDubya77 View Post
Yeah. I read a pretty extensive thread where a guy was making 330 on N/A, but holy smokes the amount of work was insane. I have some very mild BC 2 cams and the Haywards. I am guessing I could maybe get to 250ish with some mild headwork and stroke. It just might not be worth the costs.
Yea, my K24 took a lot of work to get to 317whp. That 330 IIRC was on a hub dyno. Hub Dyno's kinda read all over the place. Some can be very high some can read low. Church's is a Hub Dyno for instance and I think it's pretty well documented that church's reads fairly high. A bone stock K24 will dyno between 235 and 250whp with just a 50 degree VTC. I'd expect a 2.4 stroked F to be very similar. Also to make that kinda power you need to rev em, and they won't last long. Mine made 300 at 8000 and 317 at 9000. I won't be reving it to 9000 but a couple shots down the drag strip. But to make that kinda power it's pretty dead down low and through the mid range. It Comes on like a centrifugal supercharger up top. Running it out to 9000 just feel soo much better, Shifting at 8k feels like it's just coming on the power.

Last edited by Mrsideways; 03-28-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Mrsideways is offline  
Old 03-28-2018, 03:46 PM
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,259
Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mrsideways View Post
Yea, my K24 took a lot of work to get to 317whp. That 330 IIRC was on a hub dyno. Hub Dyno's kinda read all over the place. Some can be very high some can read low. Church's is a Hub Dyno for instance and I think it's pretty well documented that church's reads fairly high. A bone stock K24 will dyno between 235 and 250whp with just a 50 degree VTC. I'd expect a 2.4 stroked F to be very similar. Also to make that kinda power you need to rev em, and they won't last long. Mine made 300 at 8000 and 317 at 9000. I won't be reving it to 9000 but a couple shots down the drag strip. But to make that kinda power it's pretty dead down low and through the mid range. It Comes on like a centrifugal supercharger up top. Running it out to 9000 just feel soo much better, Shifting at 8k feels like it's just coming on the power.
If you're referring to 06estukay's 330whp f25 then yes it was a dynapack hub dyno but it is not calibrated poorly like church's. A stock ap2 makes 205whp on that dyno vs his stroker that made 330whp on ms109

His build is not mild by any means and many people miss the details of the build and think it's super easy to replicate.
afzan is offline  

Quick Reply: Stroker kits


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands