S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-naturally-aspirated-forum-213/)
-   -   URGE designs Project thread (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-naturally-aspirated-forum-213/urge-designs-project-thread-1104285/)

Cheers! 12-27-2014 06:33 PM

Hi Urge: Can you define "overseas"

as in Japan? Or somewhere else in asia?

s2sik 12-30-2014 04:05 PM

I am guessing no sneak peaks at the muffler design itself? By oval, I am going to assume it is closer to the T1R EM muffler? Would be awesome if it was closer to the ASM Type-S oval. Excited nonetheless.

Urge 12-31-2014 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Cheers! (Post 23449112)
Hi Urge: Can you define "overseas"

as in Japan? Or somewhere else in asia?

I am not sure it is the same T1R shop they use for all their exhausts. They have been known for great quality.

Originally Posted by s2sik (Post 23451667)
I am guessing no sneak peaks at the muffler design itself? By oval, I am going to assume it is closer to the T1R EM muffler? Would be awesome if it was closer to the ASM Type-S oval. Excited nonetheless.

These are the same Oval mufflers T1R uses on their current mufflers. No real secret. Besides the quality T1R has at a good price, their muffler selection is another reason why we wanted to work with them. All the mufflers we could source in North America were simply too long.

//steve\\ 01-01-2015 04:30 PM

This is really cool news. I'd love a Gernpipe design single that looks like the t1r 70EM single. That was always my favorite single exhaust.

Cheers! 01-01-2015 04:40 PM

Is there hope for an oval tip just like stock?

Also curious why we didn't consider borla or magnaflow exhaust cans....?

MrKlean187 01-01-2015 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by NYS2000TURBO (Post 23446118)
It would be super cool if the rear section could be somewhat customizable. E.g tip size, angled tip, turn down tip, maybe all black muffler and tip(stealth) etc. I know its more work for the fabricator but if they are being offered on a pre order basis which in my opinion think they should be it isn't a huge difference maker. I'd be willing to wait a little longer and pay a little extra for my system if I could get the exact look I'm looking for from a quality exhaust system. What does everyone else think?

+1

Urge 01-02-2015 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Cheers! (Post 23453409)

I looked at all the Magnaflow and Borla options and gernby said they were too long. I think the T1R muffler system is the perfect solution. High quality, already have a jig and perfect diameter for the application.

iDomN8U 01-02-2015 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Urge (Post 23453739)

Originally Posted by Cheers!' timestamp='1420162846' post='23453409

I looked at all the Magnaflow and Borla options and gernby said they were too long. I think the T1R muffler system is the perfect solution. High quality, already have a jig and perfect diameter for the application.

I had the T1R 70mm EM Dual and I was happy with the quality and sound. I made some good power on the dyno with it too.

I think T1R will be a good fit for this system. :thumbup:

Jeremy Clarkson 01-13-2015 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by MrKlean187 (Post 23453501)

Originally Posted by NYS2000TURBO' timestamp='1419384440' post='23446118
It would be super cool if the rear section could be somewhat customizable. E.g tip size, angled tip, turn down tip, maybe all black muffler and tip(stealth) etc. I know its more work for the fabricator but if they are being offered on a pre order basis which in my opinion think they should be it isn't a huge difference maker. I'd be willing to wait a little longer and pay a little extra for my system if I could get the exact look I'm looking for from a quality exhaust system. What does everyone else think?

+1

I agree

Urge 01-13-2015 08:45 AM

Customization will probably limited to the first run if at all, I need to confirm with T1R. After that, I have to manage inventory of single and dual outlets so I will most likely standardize on the most popular muffler tip style for the first group buy.

The muffler will be oval steel, I don't really have options there.

As for an update, again T1R is ready to go and waiting orders from us. I am still working on getting the prototype completed with Gernby. As noted on another thread, his car is down due to a spun bearing during a dyno session and our shop car is the middle of an engine swap and other upgrades. We both expected our cars to be available to complete the prototype.

Also, our Unicorn header tester fell through and we still want a few dynos on stock bottom end cars before we go to production. Again, we have had good results on a supercharged car and built engine, but 90% of the users will be stock bottom end. If anyone is interested or close to TX, let us know. We would love to get a before and after dyno with our unicorn header.

We got the prototype Version 2 Vacuum blocks back and they look great and work well. We will be working on some patent stuff before we go to production on those.

We have some mods we are working on with the oval ITBs to improve flow.

So still progressing and hope to have 1-2 products available to order this quarter.