S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

URGE designs Project thread

Old 06-20-2015, 10:21 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K Al
Are the ITB's still being updated in this thread? If so, anything recent? I don't think there's been an update since April (per the search results).
I am also interested in this. If these DBW ITBs come through it'll pull me away from boost and I can keep my love for raw NA power
Old 06-20-2015, 11:08 AM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Are the ITB's still being updated in this thread? If so, anything recent? I don't think there's been an update since April (per the search results).

Originally Posted by Ivanaguilar' timestamp='1434824481' post='23654702
I am also interested in this. If these DBW ITBs come through it'll pull me away from boost and I can keep my love for raw NA power
We have received the second set of DBW ITBs in April. We assembled the actuator but have will not install on the car until we get some runner R&D complete. Gernby came up with some mad scientist stuff and want to finish that to install it with the ITBs. We have been also focused on the Mid Pipe which has taken a lot of back and forth with the manufacturing. Once we get some results on the runners then we should have updates on the ITBs.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What diameter tube does the bare mid-pipe terminate in? I'll be connecting mine to my existing 3" system. Can't wait to order!
Old 06-21-2015, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ivanaguilar
Originally Posted by S2K Al' timestamp='1434820369' post='23654663
Feeling the exact same way. The dark side is tempting and I'm spending a LOT of time browsing the FI forums these days, but that I felt like that time came and went with my Evo. I want to keep the S2000 NA and get that ITB scream.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:36 AM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by thepoi
What diameter tube does the bare mid-pipe terminate in? I'll be connecting mine to my existing 3" system. Can't wait to order!
2.75", but you can cut the cone a litter further up and have a 3" exit. We are having custom 2.75" flanges made to reduce costs. You have to source 3" flanges, there are many high quality options out there.

Originally Posted by Ivanaguilar' timestamp='1434824481' post='23654702
[quote name='S2K Al' timestamp='1434820369' post='23654663']
Feeling the exact same way. The dark side is tempting and I'm spending a LOT of time browsing the FI forums these days, but that I felt like that time came and went with my Evo. I want to keep the S2000 NA and get that ITB scream.
[/quote]

I AGREE.. We always thought the S2000 was meant to have ITBs. We will refocus on the ITBs once the Mid Pipe is wrapped up, then Cams and then focus on displacement options as based on the size of the S2000 Ports, you need displacement to take advantage of the head flow potential, especially with headwork.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Urge
Originally Posted by thepoi' timestamp='1434872765' post='23655078
2.75", but you can cut the cone a litter further up and have a 3" exit. We are having custom 2.75" flanges made to reduce costs. You have to source 3" flanges, there are many high quality options out there.
Excellent. Is there a waiting list for the midpipes? I don't want to miss the first shipment!
Old 06-25-2015, 03:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
They are all over youtube^ as well as in the "it looks fast too" thread by Gernby.
I am curious on the dB level of the exhaust though being "str" legal. The last thing I would want is to hit the magical 97 and have to "fix it" at an event
You heard mine at the NT, right? I heard I was around 96-98 db during the tour and I just have a little, straight through burns muffler. The T1R muffler looks more substantial, so I'd imagine it would be quieter.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:45 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah, I was gonna ask what you were hitting on that section. I assume yours is louder than these will be but then again I saw someone from a few yrs ago posted they got a noise ticket with the t1r EM single when a Bay Area cop did the reading. I believe they do that at 75% of the engine capability at 50ft

Did you get a verbal warning at all?? Apparently its a verbal "fix it" at 97dB and if you hit it again they say you're done for the day. Immediate "youre outta here" at 100dB or above.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Yeah, I was gonna ask what you were hitting on that section. I assume yours is louder than these will be but then again I saw someone from a few yrs ago posted they got a noise ticket with the t1r EM single when a Bay Area cop did the reading. I believe they do that at 75% of the engine capability at 50ft

Did you get a verbal warning at all?? Apparently its a verbal "fix it" at 97dB and if you hit it again they say you're done for the day. Immediate "youre outta here" at 100dB or above.
I didn't get an official verbal warning, but one of the sound workers said I was close.

I'd expect the Urge scavenger exhaust single to be quieter than a 70-EM single with a test pipe.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:03 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

This is the reason I want the turn down tip as well.

Quick Reply: URGE designs Project thread