S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Where to buy Hytech headers

Old 10-04-2018, 12:10 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinesis 996
That's a nice piece. I have a 2005 AP2, was looking at tune but found out is a complete pain in the azz.

Yeah unfortunately you and I are in the same boat in that regard. Only a few options out there, AEM EMS is the cheapest, but then there's AEM Infinity or Kpro. KPro I feel is my only option as I'll need to be able to pass emissions every 2 years in CT. I'd have to swap injectors, ECU, etc if I was running the EMS....Not super hard but not something I want to be bothered to do every time I need emissions done. Plus if I go through with my plans of a kw supercharger I'd need to remove the belt which is a big pain in the ass...

Old 10-04-2018, 01:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by S2kys
Yeah unfortunately you and I are in the same boat in that regard. Only a few options out there, AEM EMS is the cheapest, but then there's AEM Infinity or Kpro. KPro I feel is my only option as I'll need to be able to pass emissions every 2 years in CT. I'd have to swap injectors, ECU, etc if I was running the EMS....Not super hard but not something I want to be bothered to do every time I need emissions done. Plus if I go through with my plans of a kw supercharger I'd need to remove the belt which is a big pain in the ass...
How about Haltech?
Old 10-04-2018, 01:55 AM

How about Haltech?
Just based on quick research it seems like a good one as well. The main reason I'm choosing Kpro over the other PnP ECUs is because it retains OBDII functionality. They do the plug-in test in my state, so I need my readiness on and my sensors "visible" even if they're not actually there, KPro makes it appear so. This state really sucks for emissions in that regard. I'm not sure if they do a visual or not but I'm sure I can swap the factory cat back in if they wanna break stones.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:50 AM

Just based on quick research it seems like a good one as well. The main reason I'm choosing Kpro over the other PnP ECUs is because it retains OBDII functionality. They do the plug-in test in my state, so I need my readiness on and my sensors "visible" even if they're not actually there, KPro makes it appear so. This state really sucks for emissions in that regard. I'm not sure if they do a visual or not but I'm sure I can swap the factory cat back in if they wanna break stones.
Got it, because in my city we cancelled emissions a few years ago. I can run it catless all day long
Old 10-04-2018, 05:32 AM

Got it, because in my city we cancelled emissions a few years ago. I can run it catless all day long
-.-
Old 10-04-2018, 11:07 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Hey, you might want to check with some CT locals to verify KPRO will actually pass your emissions.. Up here in Ontario I failed emissions with kpro because my kpro v4 reported the secondary o2 and air pump readiness monitors as "not supported" and they knew that the stock ecu does in fact support those readiness monitors. there's no fix for that either because the rsx ecu in the kpro doesn't support those monitors
Old 10-04-2018, 06:23 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Are there no shady mechanics in your state? I can throw a rock and find a shop to cut me a sticker for $100, been doing it my whole life!
Old 10-04-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by afzan
Hey, you might want to check with some CT locals to verify KPRO will actually pass your emissions.. Up here in Ontario I failed emissions with kpro because my kpro v4 reported the secondary o2 and air pump readiness monitors as "not supported" and they knew that the stock ecu does in fact support those readiness monitors. there's no fix for that either because the rsx ecu in the kpro doesn't support those monitors
I have a buddy with a supercharged AP1 that's been that way for several years. I asked him what he did to pass and he said KPro.

Originally Posted by Nfinitecc
Are there no shady mechanics in your state? I can throw a rock and find a shop to cut me a sticker for $100, been doing it my whole life!
They've really ratcheted down on it. They're out there but I don't have those connections. It's a big risk because it's all electronic and a lot harder to flub....DMV receives the results directly from the shop. Of course anything can be overridden but at the expense of the shop potentially losing their license. It's no joke in CT.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:26 AM

I am making my hytech header deposit. Can anyone advise if straight pipe is a lot louder than race cat when on a Mugen exhaust?

Old 10-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

The header is going to make the car a lot louder, and make the exhaust gain a bit of rasp. With my T1R single and Hytech header, the car is relatively civil around town but sounds like a full-blown race car when I get into the throttle.

Quick Reply: Where to buy Hytech headers