S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Where to buy Hytech headers

Old 10-11-2018, 12:13 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinesis 996
I am making my hytech header deposit. Can anyone advise if straight pipe is a lot louder than race cat when on a Mugen exhaust?
Test pipe will undoubtedly be louder than a cat. Can't give you an idea of volume levels though; is this header built with an integrated cat or straight section option? Cool about the header though. I'm interested to see this thing, primarily what kind of gains you get. Ultimately I'm invested in my current header and I doubt this one will make a big enough difference for me to shell out for it, but it's nice to see some new options hit the market.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinesis 996
I am making my hytech header deposit. Can anyone advise if straight pipe is a lot louder than race cat when on a Mugen exhaust?
I'd say both. Since I too have the Mugen exhaust running with the Ap1 Mugen header and Invidia testpipe, the car will sound much louder on WOT but in lower rpm it sounds quieter.
But no raspy sound.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarvis
I'd say both. Since I too have the Mugen exhaust running with the Ap1 Mugen header and Invidia testpipe, the car will sound much louder on WOT but in lower rpm it sounds quieter.
But no raspy sound.
Do you have any video or sound clip of it?
Old 04-05-2019, 12:29 AM

Rezzing a pretty old thread at this point; @Kinesis 996 : any developments on the header? Interested to see it
Old 04-05-2019, 04:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle
Rezzing a pretty old thread at this point; @Kinesis 996 : any developments on the header? Interested to see it
His last reply me on March 15th was "Car is ready for the dyno will keep you informd as the results"
The following users liked this post:
Kyle (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 08:01 AM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle

They've really ratcheted down on it. They're out there but I don't have those connections. It's a big risk because it's all electronic and a lot harder to flub....DMV receives the results directly from the shop. Of course anything can be overridden but at the expense of the shop potentially losing their license. It's no joke in CT.
I run an emissions shop in ct. I highly doubt you will find one willing to cheat the emissions program as it carried a 75,000 fine, loss of business license and possible jail time

that being said, as long as the kpro is set up to have no more than 1 monitor disabled it will pass emissions. 2000 and newer vehicle can pass with 1 monitor not ready, on my S i replaced the downstream o2 with a a/f gauge sensor and my cat monitor is disabled and it still passes because the o2 monitor is only read off the front oxygen sensor. So i show up with 1 monitor always not ready and it passes with no issues. If anything else is disabled it will fail
Old 04-08-2019, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by outeiroj
I run an emissions shop in ct. I highly doubt you will find one willing to cheat the emissions program as it carried a 75,000 fine, loss of business license and possible jail time

that being said, as long as the kpro is set up to have no more than 1 monitor disabled it will pass emissions. 2000 and newer vehicle can pass with 1 monitor not ready, on my S i replaced the downstream o2 with a a/f gauge sensor and my cat monitor is disabled and it still passes because the o2 monitor is only read off the front oxygen sensor. So i show up with 1 monitor always not ready and it passes with no issues. If anything else is disabled it will fail
Exactly. The whole slipping someone a couple of bills to look the other way is no longer feasible...hence the KPro route. It's my best shot at passing sans returning to stock. I don't plan on deleting the air pump or any of the emissions components. I'll just be running a test pipe and wideband; keeping the other o2 sensor in place.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:10 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

The air pump wont work with kpro though.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:27 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

I ran John's header with a 3" test pipe to a 76mm and that was just bonkers. The car had a lot of power. Then I ran it with a 2.75" test pipe into a 70mm, same results. The piece is incredibly well done. It performs as good as it looks.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:43 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Isnt the Balladesports manifold a replica of the Hytech?

Quick Reply: Where to buy Hytech headers