S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Where to buy Hytech headers

Old 05-23-2019, 06:24 PM

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
I saw them too, and regret not picking them up.

Nah fam, I have the Hytech header and plan on getting a set of 60mm Hayward ITBs, and wanted the cams to match. Hytech (allegedly) made the cams with those two items in mind. If not Hytech, I plan on just having 4Piston make me cams that work with my setup. Toda Bs are great, but not for what I'm currently running and plan on running.
How does the spec of the Toda Bs compare to the Hytech cams you want?
Old 05-24-2019, 05:16 AM
Community Organizer

Received 218 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by awhit17
How does the spec of the Toda Bs compare to the Hytech cams you want?
I have most of the bolt-ons that the cams were intended to be used with.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:59 AM

Received 617 Likes on 423 Posts

I ended up calling Hytech the other day. From the stuff I've seen John appears to be an older guy and probably doesn't run his business in a conventional sense in today's times. I still haven't received a reply to my FB message, but I got a prompt callback when I called their business directly. What I heard from them was they just finished testing the new header and they're more than willing to build me one to my specifications. I didn't get into the details with them because I was busy, but it seems the best way to get a response from them is to call them directly. From other things I've read about them they usually get you your part and/or answers quickly by directly communicating with them over the phone vs kicking emails or messages around.

Anyways I'm excited to get one of these headers as they do the optimized pairing for a supercharged setup (supposedly) who's only other alternative is Skunk2 (no thanks). I haven't seen a single dissatisfied customer with Hytech in terms of the quality, fitment, or gains, so if anyone is serious about their car and getting the most out of it, this seems to be the crème de la crème. I also retract my previous statements about advising you to just go with the Urge header. It's a nice piece, but given the price of that header plus a test pipe, it's putting it in-line with Hytech, who's building you essentially a custom header for your needs as opposed to the more off-the-shelf Urge. Just something to think about.

I'll be sure to give my input once I receive their "new and improved" header.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:40 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

The Ballade Sports header also has the 1-2 and 3-4 pairing
Old 06-06-2019, 03:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scigheras
The Ballade Sports header also has the 1-2 and 3-4 pairing
which is pretty much the knock off version of the Hytech header.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
I saw them too, and regret not picking them up.

Nah fam, I have the Hytech header and plan on getting a set of 60mm Hayward ITBs, and wanted the cams to match. Hytech (allegedly) made the cams with those two items in mind. If not Hytech, I plan on just having 4Piston make me cams that work with my setup. Toda Bs are great, but not for what I'm currently running and plan on running.
Sent you a PM, I have the cams available.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DatsunDoc
Sent you a PM, I have the cams available.
Can you share any more details on them? I am going down the same rabbit hole.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by wholeo
Can you share any more details on them? I am going down the same rabbit hole.

They are the Hytech cams for the S2000. I bought them for my race car project but they aren't legal for my class so I didn't use them.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DatsunDoc
They are the Hytech cams for the S2000. I bought them for my race car project but they aren't legal for my class so I didn't use them.
Thanks for sharing the pic. What stage or what setup where these for?
Old 06-07-2019, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by wholeo
Thanks for sharing the pic. What stage or what setup where these for?
These are the cams John developed for normally aspirated engines and were tested on a car with ITB but can be used with the stock plenum etc. too. They were shown to make a good increase in power over the stock cams but others can chime in with details. I don't have the specs handy but I can tell you the lift is over 0.5" the limit for my class so I didn't use them in my race engine. They are in new unused condition and are ground on billet so they were expensive.

Quick Reply: Where to buy Hytech headers