S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

2004 SCCA Solo 2 Nationals A and B Stock weigh-in

Old 09-20-2004, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, I just PM'd you all the AS weights so you can add them to your chart.

Jason Uyeda
Old 09-20-2004, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Added the A Stock weights. Thanks Jason.

Steve

P.S. - 3450 lbs.?!?!?
Old 09-22-2004, 06:59 PM

Yeah, ZR1's are heavy... ~200lbs heavier and pretty much all that weight is on the front end (motor). 1st gear is good for ~60mph though, which helps. Still, Mike does a really good job with that car.

Some more info...

My car - No exhaust, running on fumes, on newer CCW's (18") with Ti bolts, stock shocks. I have heated, power seats and Litronic headlights which I'm sure add some weight, but probably not much more than 15lbs or so I've been told.

Kozlaks - Some type of exhaust, stock carerra LT wheels, koni's. They can probably get ~30lbs lighter.

Pretty much all the vettes were on stock A-Mold style wheels. Pressley had the older style CCW's in the rear and I think French was on an older style mesh wheel. They all could probably save ~10lbs by switching to something lighter.

I belive McDaniel's car has a rollbar as does Shelton's. So that's somehwere around 35-50lbs extra.

I think all the '96 vettes are Grand Sport conversions. And I'm pretty sure all vettes are running at least 1/2 tank if not more. My '96 would fuel starve at 1/2 tank all the time.

Isley's car is about as light as a '89 is going to get and Shelton's car minus rollbar is about as light as a '96 will get.

_J_
Old 09-22-2004, 08:58 PM

Hey Steve Hui, does the gendron hitch receptacles on your car weigh about 11 pounds? That would explain the difference between the wieght of your car and the weight of the Mistress. That means that my fat ass plus my car was 75 pounds heavier than inSaini and his car. How many tenths is that?

Wow, I am too amazed at the weight of the ZR-1. It's amazing that a car that heavy handles as well as it does. I get to see that car at all the local events, and that thing looks way more graceful than a 3450 pound car should be. I look forward to the Bullis clan going even faster when they switch to Kumhos!

Hey Uyeda, how come you need butt heaters for California
What car didn't you own??? You had a Vette too?
Old 09-22-2004, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by PilotSH,Sep 22 2004, 09:58 PM
does the gendron hitch receptacles on your car weigh about 11 pounds? That would explain the difference between the wieght of your car and the weight of the Mistress.
Probably weighs around eleven pounds once the added trunk reinforcement I had added is included -- I also figured this accounted for most of the weight difference between the Over6 car and my own. They also have aluminum-bodied Motons whereas I have steel-bodied JRZs, but theirs are remote reservoir while mine aren't, so this is probably a wash.

Steve
Old 09-23-2004, 02:26 AM

Bill Gendron sez the mounts are ~4 lbs. of aluminum. I added a stainless steel backing plate which can't weigh more than a pound. I suppose a repaired trunk floor plus reinforcement *could* weigh 11 lbs. but that doesn't seem reasonable unless boiler plate was used...
Old 09-23-2004, 10:00 AM

I wouldn't quibble over a ten pound delta -- differences in how much gas is in the tank, how the car's sitting on the scales, etc. could easily account for the rest.

Having said that, I've probably got the world's heaviest Gendron hitch due to steel reinforcements above and below the trunk floor, as well as replacing the front mount with a steel one. Sometimes you need to make compromises on a street-driven car (e.g. more hitch reinforcement, heavier but quieter exhaust) that would be unnecessary on a dedicated race car.

Steve

Steve
Old 09-23-2004, 10:02 AM

And with how hard the wind was blowing, I saw my car's weight move up and down at least 5+ lbs. So, there is at least a 5 lbf uncertainty in the numbers off the nat's weigh in.

Steve
Old 09-23-2004, 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=PilotSH,Sep 23 2004, 01:58 AM] the weight of the ZR-1.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:52 PM

Spaf, check your PMs!

Quick Reply: 2004 SCCA Solo 2 Nationals A and B Stock weigh-in