S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

2010 Toledo Pro Solo

Old 07-17-2010, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Toledo Pro Solo

Looks like Marc P is doing a great job sitting in first place at the Toledo Pro with the CR, with the Solstice in second by .3. Let's bring the wood home tomorrow bud.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jadrice,Jul 17 2010, 04:47 PM
Looks like Marc P is doing a great job sitting in first place at the Toledo Pro with the CR, with the Solstice in second by .3. Let's bring the wood home tomorrow bud.
Thanks Jay, unfortunatley day 2/3rd set of runs wasn't very good for us. Between driver error, ecu cuts on launches, 60+ run HoHos and more driver error ... we couldn't gain anymore time. The course seemed to have more available grip on Sunday and the car got faster after each of my runs. Props to Lynn Kozlak. She ran with 2nd drivers after Paul knowing she had alot of time to make up.

Back to the ecu cuts ... The S2000 drivers made an educated guess that the cut, bog, or whatever you call it was as a result of trying to launch over 7000rpms. For some reason the ecu doesn't like this and cuts the power when you launch. Power doesn't come back until you press in the clutch, let off the gas and start over. With the grip at Toledo, I tried launching above my normal 6000-6500 range since we were still falling out of vtec after the A6s hooked up. The car was running consistent low 2.1s and I wanted to try and improve. I wish I hadn't made that mistake since it happened on my last run on a side I really needed to clean up. If anyone knows specifically as to why this happens, please chime in.

I also received some advice from a fellow racer about a future protest for those who switch between STR and B-Stock and/or have flashed their ecu with the Hondata Flash Pro. Apparently there is some discrepancy over whether or not the "stock" flash is legal. While I have run STR and tried the reflash, I am under the impression that flashing the ecu back to stock and unlocking the device from the vin/ecu allows the car to be returned to stock class legal assuming there are no other illegal mods. If this is the case, no S2000 that has been flashed will be legal without some sort of factory certified flash. I will be emailing Hondata about this.

Next for us is Nationals. I will make sure to leave the old HoHos at home this time!

-Marc
Old 07-19-2010, 04:30 AM

Nice meeting you Marc. Good driving. Sorry to hear about the ECU problems. I was working your heat and wondering what was going on after the launch...

Good driving by Chris Harvey and David (NJDrive). It was a close battle in STR.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:29 AM

Good meeting you Jason, your white AP2 looked great out there. No doubt STR was close! Chris and David were crossing the finish simultaneously about every time on Sunday! You threw down some great times as well! I felt sorry for the NB Miata lined up next to you. You were a good 3 car lengths ahead by the turnaround! I'm definitely going to make Pros more of a priority over the Tours. Even though the S2000 is a bit outmatched, I think it still has the potential to take a few victories. Its much more fun anyways...

-Marc
Old 07-19-2010, 10:33 AM

Big props to Jason and Marc for their performances. I didn't get to see any of Jason's runs for obvious reasons but he stepped it up big on Sunday!

I coned away a win on Sunday but was happy to have had the opportunity to finally run on concrete before Lincoln with this car. It was a learning experience launching the S2000 with CDV coupled with such high grip.

I can only imagine how potent this car will be once I install FlashPro.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:48 AM

Jason & David good job in STR! was that the STR Tire-Rack miata?
David, are you going to Nationals?
Old 07-19-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by an2ny,Jul 19 2010, 11:48 AM
Yes, Harvey is the TR/GRM sponsored MX-5. Nice guy and great competitor. That car is really starting to come around as far as development goes. He is only allowed one change for each event according to our conversation on Sunday. The full write up about it should be available to read soon.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by an2ny,Jul 19 2010, 03:48 PM
I'll be there and so will Jason.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by NJDrive,Jul 19 2010, 05:32 PM
I'll be there and so will Jason.
If you want more practice on concrete before Lincoln:

http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/inde...d=56&Itemid=203

It is in Virginia August 21-22 (may be a very long drive for you)
Old 07-20-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by sirbunz,Jul 19 2010, 12:43 PM
Yes, Harvey is the TR/GRM sponsored MX-5. Nice guy and great competitor. That car is really starting to come around as far as development goes. He is only allowed one change for each event according to our conversation on Sunday. The full write up about it should be available to read soon.
Marc-

Thanks for the kind words, it was good to meet you as well. Battling with Jason and David all weekend was a blast, I was fortunate to have luck swing my way on Sunday and eek out the STR win.

Just to clarify, the Grassroots Magazine/Tire Rack MX5 project car is part of a four part print series John Rogers and I are working on in conjunction with the GRM staff. We are covering the build, testing and the major events all the way through Nat'ls. The current issue contains Part One and is on newstands now.

We have been fortunate to have the opportunity to use the Tire Rack test track during the process. Each major part was installed and then tested on the same course under similar weather conditions to gauge the performance gain (or lack of). Look for details in the current and upcoming issues.

See you in Lincoln -

Chris H.

Quick Reply: 2010 Toledo Pro Solo