S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Accord Calipers and ...

Old 09-20-2016, 04:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Accord Calipers and ...

For you track guys with Accord calipers,

1) What rotors are you using?
2) What rear brake setup (calipers, rotors) are you using?
3) What front / rear pads are you using?
4) Does the brake bias with your setup seem about right?
5) Are you happy with your setup?

I am considering replacing the stock brake system with Accord calipers in the front and ??? in the rear. I have stock AP2V2 17" wheels and would like to keep them.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in people's thoughts on this setup as well. My car is an essentially stock AP1 and putting on bigger wheels to fit bigger brakes really isn't something I want to do. I'm planning to install Accord calipers with stock rotors this winter. From reading it looks like I'll need to put a small spacer behind the rotor to center it in the caliper bracket. I'd much rather do that than spend $800 for a set of Racing Brake rotors.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:08 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I ran Accord calipers with the RacingBrake NSX (wider than stock) rotors with their hats and 2.5 inch brake ducting. It worked best for me with XP10 pads. I tried their enduro pads but they ate my expensive rotors right up.

I ran both stock rear brakes and a RacingBrake prototype rear big brake kit with two piece rotors which I liked for less heat transfer to the wheel bearings. I usually ran XP8 rear pads.

This setup worked extremely well for me.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:55 AM

Rob, did you ever run the calipers with stock rotors? The cost of those rotors is hard to swallow.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:27 AM

He did and says that the price of the rob is justified by the increase longevity:

https://robrobinette.com/S2000RB.htm
Old 09-21-2016, 04:30 AM

Btw Rob's site should be a sticky, thanks for sharing all this info! I think I'm there at least once a week lol
Old 09-21-2016, 05:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1) What rotors are you using? 2-piece Racing Brake NSX rotors with S2k specific accord caliper hat
2) What rear brake setup (calipers, rotors) are you using? All OEM on rear
3) What front / rear pads are you using? XP10 fronts, XP8 rears
4) Does the brake bias with your setup seem about right? The brake bias is good for me, in fact, less rear ABS with my setup. A little softer (more uptake) in the brake pedal at the top due to slightly larger pistons in the Accord caliper.
5) Are you happy with your setup? Very pleased with my setup. Lasted for 9 HPDE events (18 ish days, 2.5 hrs track time per day). During that time I've changed pads once and still on the same rotors.

I have never ran the stock S2k rotors with the accord calipers, but I do have a couple shims for the rotor in case I need to. I don't have spare RB rotor rings - too much $$$
Old 09-21-2016, 08:38 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by yeaitsahonda
Rob, did you ever run the calipers with stock rotors? The cost of those rotors is hard to swallow.
I did but only for a couple of events and I don't remember any details. I was cracking stock rotors with the stock calipers every other weekend and was losing a lot of valuable track time (and that was with the vents) so I tried the RB rotors and got about 10 times more use out of them.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beechx1
For you track guys with Accord calipers,

1) What rotors are you using?
Stock Centric from Amazon-47 each
2) What rear brake setup (calipers, rotors) are you using?
F Accord R stock
3) What front / rear pads are you using?
F XP 10 or 12 and Rear XP 8 or 10
4) Does the brake bias with your setup seem about right?
Spot on
5) Are you happy with your setup?
Very. It is an inexpensive way to get better brake cooling (much larger pad for dissipation) and longevity

I am considering replacing the stock brake system with Accord calipers in the front and ??? in the rear. I have stock AP2V2 17" wheels and would like to keep them.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:56 PM

Does anyone know where I can get rotor shims? I have the two piece rotor and would like to try the stock s2000 rotor or a 97+ NSX rotor from autozone ($50 bucks)

Quick Reply: Accord Calipers and ...