S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Apr gt250 issue

Old 10-06-2017, 09:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
So your install process was to read the provided instructions and drill without using the base mount as a template for marking the holes?
The spare trunk I had already had the oem hole drilled out (actually closer to the middle of the trunk which helped a bit) so i followed the instructions but also used the base plate as a template.

Apr has since built a new wing for me and is shipping it out as we speak. As for replacing the trunk for me I have not mentioned it at all, if the new wing that is coming is still under that much stress than I will ask for compensation for the trunk.

Kingtut as been very helpful with every question I had
Old 10-08-2017, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwiflavored
The spare trunk I had already had the oem hole drilled out (actually closer to the middle of the trunk which helped a bit) so i followed the instructions but also used the base plate as a template.

Apr has since built a new wing for me and is shipping it out as we speak. As for replacing the trunk for me I have not mentioned it at all, if the new wing that is coming is still under that much stress than I will ask for compensation for the trunk.

Kingtut as been very helpful with every question I had
Sounds like you came to a good resolution to me. All's well that ends well.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your lucky

I bought a gtc 200

The fitment is crap. I sent pictures and all and they didnt care
Old 10-09-2017, 05:46 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvain2000
Your lucky

I bought a gtc 200

Yeah I have the 200 too and the risers are twisted AF...oh well...it works.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvain2000
Your lucky

I bought a gtc 200

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Yeah I have the 200 too and the risers are twisted AF...oh well...it works.
That's crazy that so many have a bad experience with them. I had always heard such good things. It's a real shame.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:42 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

If you are going for a show car track ready byld you should care about things like this. If you are actually a track guy you drill the holes and get the wing installed as best as possible and head to the track. The reality is the majority of the fast S2000s out there are running the APR GTC-200 or the APR GT-250. The value is definitely there over the Voltex wings.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:59 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by King Tut
If you are going for a show car track ready byld you should care about things like this. If you are actually a track guy you drill the holes and get the wing installed as best as possible and head to the track. The reality is the majority of the fast S2000s out there are running the APR GTC-200 or the APR GT-250. The value is definitely there over the Voltex wings.
All I read is voltex is the bestest and 10 years wait is what the cool kids do.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V6 Donut
All I read is voltex is the bestest and 10 years wait is what the cool kids do.

People Triggered around the world haha.

I went to the Local Tri-State bear mountain cruise and everyone came over to look at my car since its half blue (spoon livery) then they immediately walked away after seeing my bent trunk with holes in it from my old Js wing just vinyled over and my wooden splitter.

Last edited by Kiwiflavored; 10-10-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:46 AM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwiflavored
People Triggered around the world haha.

I went to the Local Tri-State bear mountain cruise and everyone came over to look at my car since its half blue (spoon livery) then they immediately walked away after seeing my bent trunk with holes in it from my old Js wing just vinyled over and my wooden splitter.
Probably because looking cool on the internet and parking lots is at the top of most people's priority list instead of actually being able to drive and having a functional car.

Salt salt salt
Old 10-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Cuz everyone wants hakd up track car?

Maybe it had nothing to do with the wing?

I despise a "track-inspired" build that never sees the track. Maybe kiwi will be at Global Time Attack this weekend, maybe he wins DE every weekend, I don't know. Its not my car but he came here asking for help with a track part, if you can't help him then don't. We all started somewhere.

Last edited by freq; 10-10-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Apr gt250 issue