S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Choosing Harnesses

Old 12-10-2009, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing Harnesses

Hey there! I'm looking for some suggestions on what harness to get and what better place to ask then the R&C guys?

Currently I'm running Bride Zeta III's and a 4 point Safety21 roll bar. I know that it's practically a sin to be running that bar but when I bought it and installed it, from what I saw it was an ok bar to use. I'm planning on getting a hard dog bar later on though.

Some harnesses I've found that look like good choices are the Sabelt, Schroth, and the Willans. I know that 6 points are recommended to prevent submarining, but Schroth advertises their ASM belt as an Anti Submarining 4 point. Does any one have any input on that harness?

I'm currently looking for FIA/SFI approved harnesses but don't want to break the bank.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:33 AM

Schroth 4 point won't work with hans, make sure if you wanna use hans later or not.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:39 AM

According to the Schroth website, the 4point ASM harness can be used with HANS

http://www.schrothracing.com/store/Competi...sm/profi-II-asm

You can add a single or dual sub strap to make this belt into a 5 point or 6 point at any time. We have recently tested this harness with a HANS device, and the results were great. You can use 4 point ASM Harnesses with a HANS device.
Is that false?
Old 12-10-2009, 02:49 AM

When are you going to use the harnesses? at the track only?

I'm assuming the Zeta's have the appropriate hole for a sub strap.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

G-Force 6-point is probably the cheapest it's going to get. that's what i have in my car.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GFR-7001BK/
Old 12-10-2009, 04:27 AM

Do you really want to get the cheapest safety equipment you can get?

All the ones mentioned above are good belts. If I was going to street drive the car I would use the 3" shoulder belts as they will offer more protection than the 2" Hans shoulder belts. (surface area against the body) I've had the all but the Sabelts. The Schroth's I think have a much better quality than the Willians. If you look at the ways they can be pulled they are quite nice.

And - Yes we can get Schroth's or Sabelts for you. (:

Bill
Old 12-10-2009, 06:54 AM

I use Schroth 6 point Hans belts. I have tested them and they work well!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the Schroth "hybrid" sub strap design. I have it on my seat. But it's a little more complicated than the typical clip-in sub strap. I have the normal one on my passenger seat, because it is simpler for the passengers to figure out.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is the one I run, I have not "tested" it but it is very comfortable and easy to get on and off. I also use a hans every time i am in the car
profi 3 HANS
Old 12-10-2009, 11:48 AM

Zetas do have the hole for the sub strap, and I don't want cheap but I don't want to spend too much for harnesses. I was really leaning towards the Schroth and since most of you guys seem to be recommending those I'll probably get those.

So do you guys not recommend the Schroth ASM harness? A 4 point for now would be nice since I probably won't hit the tracks until I get a better roll bar and Schroth says that I can buy the sub straps separately to make it a 6 point later on.

Quick Reply: Choosing Harnesses