S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Do you Fit Seat Test

Old 01-30-2017, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Do you Fit Seat Test

So we decided to start "Do you fit" test on every seat we get in Touge factory. We all know that some manufactures measurements aren't exactly the same as how they feel when you actually sit inside it.

Person A is Steven, Steven is 5'5 and 130lbs. Steven is also a 29-30 waist size in pants.
Person B is Devin, Devin is much bigger then Steven. Devin is 5'10. 215lbs, waist size 36-37.

We will be doing our best to measure Thigh Support, Hip Support/Comfort, Torso Comfort/Support, Shoulder Width Each will be rated in a number 1-10. 10 being ideal/perfect and 1 being painful/uncomfortable.
So let the tests begin!

Sparco Circuit II http://www.tf-works.com/sparco-circu...petition-seat/
Person A
Thigh Support: 6
Waist Support/comfort: 5
Torso Comfort/Support:7
Shoulder Width:7
Notes: I think Person A would fit in a Circuit 1 seat perfectly but will confirm when that seat comes in (1/30/2017)

Person B
Thigh Support: 8
Waist Support/Comfort: 8
Torso Comfort/Support:9
Shoulder Width:6
Notes: Almost Fit like a glove. Shoulder belt harness were slightly lower then ideal. Slightly snug around the shoulders.

Bride Vios III http://www.tf-works.com/bride-vios-i...ow-max-system/
Person A
Thigh Support:8
Waist Support/Comfort: 6
Torso Comfort/Support: 8
Shoulder Width: 9
Notes: Fit perfectly besides being snug in the waist area.

Person B
Thigh Support:0
Hip Support/Comfort: 0
Torso Comfort/Support:1
Shoulder Width:4
Notes: Does not work, if you are close to person B size you will not fit.

Recaro SPG http://www.tf-works.com/recaro-profi...-fia-approved/
Person A
Thigh Support: 9
Hip Support/Comfort: 10
Shoulder Width:9
Notes: Fits perfectly. Person A alsoe noted that it is the most comfortable seat they have ever sat in to date. (1-30-2017)

Person B
Thigh Support: 7
Hip Support/Comfort: 5
Notes: Shoulders felt slightly snug just like the Circuit II. A little to snug in the waist area. Butt barely touched the seat.

Racetech RT1000 http://www.tf-works.com/racetech-rt1...cket-seat-fia/
Person A
Thigh Support: 6
Hip Support/Comfort: 7
Torso Comfort/Support:5
Notes: To big for person A, Felt like he had maybe 1/2 inch of space on each side of him in the Torso and hip area.

Person B
Thigh Support: 10
Hip Support/Comfort: 9
Shoulder Width:10
Notes: Fits nicely and is Person B's Favorite seat to date. Its the most comfortable yet affordable seat that Person B has been in.

Racetech 4119HRW http://www.tf-works.com/racetech-rt4...-fia-approved/
Person A
Thigh Support: 7
Hip Support/Comfort: 8
Shoulder Width:8
Notes: Slightly to big in the waist but manageable when strapped into the car.

Person B:
Thigh Support: 8
Hip Support/Comfort: 6
Shoulder Width:4
Notes. Very snug around the shoulder area, this seat also was slightly to small for Person B. Someone in between person A and person B would fit this seat perfectly.

BRIDE STRADIA II http://www.tf-works.com/bride-stradi...ow-max-system/
Devin could not fit in the seat couldn’t comment on any details.

When Steven sat in the seat, he said it fit him perfectly on the waist and shoulders and wasn’t too snug and was also extremely comfortable. The shoulder bolsters felt secure but not too intrusive, and the chosen regular padding option provided plenty of support. The harness holes fit him perfectly, above the shoulders but not too high, and definitely not too low.

BRIDE ZETA III XL http://www.tf-works.com/copy-of-brid...eat-black-frp/
When Steven sat in the seat, he had plenty of room overall. The seat is the XL variation, so someone with a smaller frame build will fit no problem. He had room for his shoulders and waist and his legs fit in the seat length wise. Sometimes with these XL seats you can see the bottom of the seat being longer, but this one wasn’t too severe. The regular Zeta would be a better fit for Steven, but the Type XL is a good option for those people who share a seat with someone who is larger.

Devin fit in the seat perfectly, and had plenty of room for his thighs and shoulder, this is definitely a more larger frame friendly seat. He also commented on the shoulder bolsters and how they held him in nicely.

Last edited by Tougefactory; 02-27-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:08 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

As a tallish person with a twig like build, I can feel that discrimination.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
I'm Sorry lol We will find a person in the shop just for you!
Old 01-30-2017, 02:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love that you are doing this, and may I request one more measurement: harness hole height in relation to each drivers shoulders. This is honestly one of the most difficult (and most critical for safely running harnesses) measurements to find on any race seat.

People like me (6'3", long torso) will appreciate it
Old 01-30-2017, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LouisvilleNFR
I love that you are doing this, and may I request one more measurement: harness hole height in relation to each drivers shoulders. This is honestly one of the most difficult (and most critical for safely running harnesses) measurements to find on any race seat.

People like me (6'3", long torso) will appreciate it
Will do, ill measure the seats above and update the information. Thanks for sharing!
-Devin
Old 01-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
If you want to feel discrimination in aftermarket seating options, try being built like a brick shithouse. I'm a bit larger than Person B and most aftermarket seats are definitely not dimensioned to fit me. Thanks for the guide, the RaceTech 1000 is one of the options I've considered, but I'm loath to buy anything without first sitting in it.

Last edited by Fokker; 01-31-2017 at 10:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
StellaRed (03-13-2021)
Old 01-31-2017, 03:50 AM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Quick question that was not made clear in the first post, are these seats confirmed to fit in the S2000? I know that the main objective of this topic is to share seats that fit certain body shapes/types, but if they don't fit the S, they may be worthless.

Also the links appear to be broken. Thanks for sharing!
StellaRed (03-13-2021)
Old 01-31-2017, 07:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fokker
If you want to feel discrimination in aftermarket seating options, try being build like a brick shithouse. I'm a bit larger than Person B and most aftermarket seats are definitely not dimensioned to fit me. Thanks for the guide, the RaceTech 1000 is one of the options I've considered, but I'm loath to buy anything without first sitting in it.
That's fair, I'm hoping that a guide like this will make it easier to pull the trigger on seats with out sitting in it. So many shops don't stock seats for some reason. If you were local you could have tried the RT1000 we have in the show room.

Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
Quick question that was not made clear in the first post, are these seats confirmed to fit in the S2000? I know that the main objective of this topic is to share seats that fit certain body shapes/types, but if they don't fit the S, they may be worthless.

Also the links appear to be broken. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for telling me about the links. It seems that S2KI automatically things its a quote if its in parenthesis. the seats listed above all fit in an S2000. Our shop S2000 (mine) wont be a good test dummy for fitment since I don't Have door panels or any other interior.

I'm working on shoulder height today. Hopefully I'll be able to update this. Also our Graphic designer is 6'1 and 160lbs so we do have a slender tall subject
Kenny_Stang (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 07:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

So you have a Circuit 2 on your drivers side? I guess fitting one on the passenger won't be an issue then.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:41 AM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tougefactory
That's fair, I'm hoping that a guide like this will make it easier to pull the trigger on seats with out sitting in it. So many shops don't stock seats for some reason. If you were local you could have tried the RT1000 we have in the show room.

Thanks for telling me about the links. It seems that S2KI automatically things its a quote if its in parenthesis. the seats listed above all fit in an S2000. Our shop S2000 (mine) wont be a good test dummy for fitment since I don't Have door panels or any other interior.

I'm working on shoulder height today. Hopefully I'll be able to update this. Also our Graphic designer is 6'1 and 160lbs so we do have a slender tall subject
Awesome stuff, thanks!

Quick Reply: Do you Fit Seat Test