S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Help me write Rules Change for AEM EMS Please.:)

Old 05-04-2007, 04:53 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Help me write Rules Change for AEM EMS Please.:)

edited thread

can you guys give me the proper words as to why I would want a rules change to allow AEM EMS vs teh current "piggy back" oem ECU rule.

the questions that need answered are:

Suggestion:
Reason:

thanks

This is more of a "under the hood thing" but you guys are quicker and better.

I have a 2.2L in my S2000. it is running AEM EMS right now but that apparently is illegal in Honda Challenge unless I bend the rules of the word "Piggyback" (I was told to just duct tape the stock ECU to my AEM and they are "piggybacked" so to speak.

(I have not completely ruled that out just yet).

anyway... if I wanted to make 100% sure my car was legal i need to put a stock ecu back in it.... i have a 2.2L ecu but i have no idea what the vin number was from the car.... do I need it? can the dealer make my keys work without the vin?

how much would you pay a dealer to swap out the AEM EMS for the stock ECU and flash my key to make all work?

thanks
Old 05-04-2007, 05:28 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The dealer can program your ECU. Your vin is on a plate at the bottom right of your windshield. It's also stamped on the firewall behind the battery. Other than that it's encoded in the ECU and they can read it through the OBD2 port.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he is saying the chassis and engine/ecu have different VINs. Is your car trailered? Why not get rid of the ignition altogether?
Old 05-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know that, what matters is the VIN encoded in the ECU and that can be had from the ECU itself.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:00 AM

as long as they can figure out how to program the ECU from the ECU itself i am good.

they do not match. this ecu is from a different 2.2L engine altogether which is different from my AP1 Chassis.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Asura,May 4 2007, 08:38 AM
I think he is saying the chassis and engine/ecu have different VINs. Is your car trailered? Why not get rid of the ignition altogether?
I have AEM EMS right now but the honda Challenge rules say i have to run stock ecu but am allowed "piggyback" control (Greddy emanage or VFAC I guess).

someone read the rules a funny way and said "piggyback" could just mean on top of each other so I may just duct tape the ECU to my ECU and let someone protest me.

any advice is appreciated.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:18 AM

Put the plastic panel back over the EMS? I don't encourage cheating by any means, but that's what you get for running with NASA-FWD ers. Find out if you can run the Hondata F-Pro. It's a stock ecu based standalone...not cheap, but might be the only way to work with the rules.
Next thing they will say no LSDs allowed
Old 05-04-2007, 09:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Krazik has been running the honda challenge I thought and he is using ems.
I think you get a penalty or something.
I didn't know you could not run one.

I would ask him.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Administrator

No, Rylan has been running in SCCA, not NASA.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by cthree,May 4 2007, 08:55 AM
I know that, what matters is the VIN encoded in the ECU and that can be had from the ECU itself.
My idiot dealer doesn't seem to know what I am talking about...ahhaha.. great...

I just tried to relay this information to them and they just keep saying bring it out and we'll try to figure it out....cluelessly.....

Maybe i will just stick with the AEM and tape the other ECU to it...it is riding piggyback....good enough for gov't work.

Quick Reply: Help me write Rules Change for AEM EMS Please.:)