S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

I have been bitten!Wheel ?

Old 05-05-2008, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have been bitten!Wheel ?

So I found a local autox event this weekend (by accident). Anyway, a guy with a S2000 took me on two runs and it was so damn cool.
My question, to remain in stock class I can use other wheels that are the same size as stock (offset and all have to be the same). So, can I get some help with finding nice light wheels that are the same as my stock 2007? (what is my stock offset?)
Thanks,
Old 05-05-2008, 11:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spend your money on autoX school. It will give you a lot better time than lightweight wheels.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

search auto-x faq

17x7 +55 up front
17x8.5 +65 rear
Old 05-05-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the beginning seat time and novice schools will give you the biggest gains for the money.

If you are near a large Region that has some national level drivers, the club schools will be equal to the high dollar commercial schools.

After a couple of seasons you may want to consider one of the professional schools.

You will probably learn more if you use street tires for a couple of seasons. Race tires will let you recover from some mistakes. Street tires will punish you for your mistakes.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,May 5 2008, 11:43 AM
Spend your money on autoX school. It will give you a lot better time than lightweight wheels.
I plan to do that. However, I plan to have different tires for autox. There for, different rims. I want light rims because less weight is better, but expect the largest gains from the tires, not the rims.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by PanteraKitty,May 5 2008, 12:10 PM
In the beginning seat time and novice schools will give you the biggest gains for the money.

If you are near a large Region that has some national level drivers, the club schools will be equal to the high dollar commercial schools.

After a couple of seasons you may want to consider one of the professional schools.

You will probably learn more if you use street tires for a couple of seasons. Race tires will let you recover from some mistakes. Street tires will punish you for your mistakes.
I see. Good point.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:30 PM

Our offsets are hard to find. Atleast for my years (ap1's), most use stock rims for their race tires, the key rim being the lightweight jdm/bbs OEM rims. They are hard as hell to find tho. Not exactly sure what ap2 options are, but I ended up buyin DD rims I like and race on my stockers.

You might be better off getting light rims for DD with todays gas prices anyways lol.

the difference in run times youll see due to lighter wheels is pretty negligible for your first few years, and probably wont even be evident until you really learn the car and good technique. I still manage to make myself feel like an ass occasionally when I run my best time turing a fun-run with a 180 lb buddy in the passenger seat.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:42 AM

For the front Koser K1 TS light and cheap. In the rear stock or high dollor TR Motorsports are about the only stock legal options.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:27 AM

The cheapest option is to find someone near by who is selling a set of stock wheels. Maybe even with a little curb rash to lower the price. Somewhere in the Autocross FAQ (stickied above), there is a link to a thread with several different AP2 wheel options.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by rjones,May 6 2008, 08:42 AM
For the front Koser K1 TS light and cheap. In the rear stock or high dollor TR Motorsports are about the only stock legal options.
best option for the AP2 if you're looking for lightweight. If you can stand to look a little odd having mismatched wheels.

Quick Reply: I have been bitten!Wheel ?