S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

My dash is lit up like a Christmas tree

Old 08-05-2010, 09:15 PM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My dash is lit up like a Christmas tree

My VSA, e-Brake, and VSA-off (triangle with exclamation point) are all on.

I recently changed from my track to autox brake pads and replaced my front rotors (cracked). When I finished I noticed all 3 of these lights were on. I figured maybe I pulled an abs sensor line or blew the fuse. Autoxed anyway and the car did fine.

This evening I headed out to the track and switched back to my track pads. I noticed these lights were now off. When I got on track though, they would occasionally come on or off - usually I noticed it in high speed turns, but I don't spend a lot of time looking at my dash.

Anyway, I figure it's the lines but I can't figure why it would go on and off unless it's a loose connection. I'm hoping my non staggered 255/40/27 Hankook RS3's on 17x9 +63 wheels aren't rubbing against it...haven't heard of that being a problem before. I know the wheels are close as my brake ducting is pretty torn up.

Anyone else ever had this problem?

[Car is an 08 CR. comptech sway bar full stiff, non-staggered 255/40 on TR motorsports c3's, hondata flashpro reflash]
Old 08-05-2010, 10:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May be a silly question, but have you checked the brake fluid levels? maybe changing out the pads lowers the fluid level enough to trigger the brake light.

The only other thing... Are you running the TR Motorsport C3s all the time or just when you're tracking? If the front/back tire sizes are too screwy from stock, that will confuse the VSA and trigger the light show.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you moved or damaged your sensor for your pulser. The pulser is an encoder that tells the VSA and ABS the wheel velocity of each wheel to the control unit. If any of the pulsers are off or not sensing correctly I'd imagine it would turn on both you ABS and VSA lights. Check the wheel hub area of the rotor you changed, check the little cable for damage and check the sensor for alignment. The sensor should be 1mm from the pulser hub. When I get home I'll try to copy you the pages from the service manual. Please PM with you email.

D
Old 08-05-2010, 10:52 PM

I think your problem might be the rear because your parking brake is attached to the rear wheels. I'll check my service manual when I get off, I work till 5am pst

Here is the front knuckle assembly, the sensor is Item #36

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/j...5=FRONT+KNUCKLE

Here is the rear knuckle assembly, the sensor is Item #20 or 21

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/j...=REAR+LOWER+ARM
Old 08-05-2010, 10:54 PM

I have the 949 Racing 17" x 9" with a 63mm offset and they are fine, I run 255/40/17 all around no problem
Old 08-06-2010, 06:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd ask a dealership to scan for codes.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:37 AM

Would that actually show a code? I think I can read codes with FlashPro...I'll give it a try this weekend.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The flashpro will read codes. Not sure if your post meant you have the FlashPro or if you bought the reflash alone, but if you have the FlashPro unit, just plug it in the OBDII with a laptop connected and see if that clues you in on anything.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:52 AM

Yeah, I have the FlashPro but using the base reflash tune since I have no power mods (but may in the future).
Old 08-06-2010, 07:46 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you fill your brake fluid?

Check your brake fluild...fill it up and see if it goes away. The e brake light will come on for sure (my AP1 did) if your fluid is low.
Sound like it may be the problem if it went away and came back while tracking....sloshing fluids maybe..

Quick Reply: My dash is lit up like a Christmas tree