S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Nasa tt5

Old 12-01-2017, 07:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Sickdayracing
The rules seem to be set and I bet if anything changes they may reduce the .7 for A-arms to something like .3. I think everyone needs to voice their objection on the forum or via email to Greg to let NASA know that many people are not happy with this rule if we want it to change.

Nonetheless, we need to start prepping our cars. I can lose a little weight and go to Hoosier A7s and be competitive in TT4 in my region but if a highly prepped M3 or EVO with a fast drive come along I won't stand a chance. Because of this, I am planning on running TT5 next year with some extra weight. My car is full weight (a/c, heat, cruise, etc) so my ballast won't be as drastic as many other.

Let's get this discussion steered towards setups and what we need to do to stay competitive.

My setup is as follows currently for TTC. Stoptech BBK, I/H/E (reclassed), AST4150, Voltex rep wing, Mugen style top.

Here are a couple setups I can run. I am going to probably keep the BBK and go to a OEM style top. I was running 70lbs of ballast in TTC to be legal. Going with option 3 I need to increase to 145lbs which I don't think will be a big deal. The 70lbs I was running before had no impact on my lap times.

Is there not a modifier for the wing? I don't see it in your calculations.

Also, I'm assuming the "suspension" modifier is the A-arms, right. Do your ASTs have external reservoirs?

I'm right at 2930 with me and a half tank of gas in the car. Average whp is around 205. I'm on the fence as to whether I should switch to a larger TB/E85 and go play in TT4, or detune/ add weight and stay in TT5.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:15 AM

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_

Also, I'm assuming the "suspension" modifier is the A-arms, right. Do your ASTs have external reservoirs?

I'm right at 2930 with me and a half tank of gas in the car. Average whp is around 205. I'm on the fence as to whether I should switch to a larger TB/E85 and go play in TT4, or detune/ add weight and stay in TT5.
.7 is for A-arms. No modifier for wing. My AST are single adjustable non external.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

no mod for a wing. You only get hit if you add a splitter or a saving of no wing.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:28 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just made a template of my A7’s in a 245/40/17 which should be the same size as an R7 on a 17x10 949 wheel.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by pastoli

I just made a template of my A7’s in a 245/40/17 which should be the same size as an R7 on a 17x10 949 wheel.

Thank you for doing that. Does it fit? Kinda hard to tell from the picture. Do you think it will work better on a 9" wheel?
Old 12-01-2017, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welp, this is all rather disheartening for what was supposed to be my first year in TT. Sure, I probably don't have shot at winning every event my first year in TT. But, come year two or three it would have been attainable. NOPE! Shafted hard.

Bye NASA. Hello Gridlife. If I don't have a chance at winning I might as well spend $100-$150 less just on entry just to have fun. And save a good chunk on tires as well.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
So here is the problem with that double wishbone modifier. A 987.2 Cayman Non-S can easily be in the power to weight ratio for TT5, Also has strut suspension so no modifer, Has better aero then an S2000 AND has a lower CG due to a flat motor with a better weight distribution and takes no points for needing a brake kit. It's the car to have for TT5..... way to go Greenbaum you just handed an already overdog and even bigger advantage by trying to punish cars you over the years have shown an obvious dislike for in order to try to help cars that suck and will never be competitive.
I also agree that the A Arm rule is ridiculous. However per the example above I believe the cayman would have to take he mod factor for mid engine though right?
Old 12-01-2017, 10:30 AM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

You left out the engine location modifyer
Old 12-01-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
But so does the S2000.
No it shouldn't. Rules say not Front-Mid.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by copafeel87
No it shouldn't. Rules say not Front-Mid.
Yea I goofed and read that wrong.

Quick Reply: Nasa tt5