S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Need help selecting small suspension parts

Old 10-13-2016, 05:31 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Need help selecting small suspension parts

I need to get a few things for my winter project and wanted to not spend a fortune on something that I didn't need to, but I don't want to buy crap either. I am looking to get opinions

1.)Megan racing rear toe arms-these are the same as a anti-bump steer correct? Are they any good? I see that you can spend quite a bit more $ on different brands

2.) research seemed to indicate that for more front camber adjustment the Js S1 is the way to go. Although what is the difference between this and the Megan RCA, which is way cheaper?

3.)I have been lowered a bit for 15k miles now with no issues from the rear axles although I don't have spacers, should I toss these in while I am doing all of this other work? If so any recommendations?

Again I don't want to buy crap parts that will fail, but many times these parts are all made in the same place and just rebranded.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:53 AM

Also if I go with a RCA like the Js L1/L2, do I need the front bumpsteer kit that shims the steering rack or does this basically do the same thing, because I was going to buy that as well?

Any guidance on purchasing:
Front bumpsteer correction
Front camber adjustment
Rear bump steer correction

And if I should do axle spacers is much appreciated!
Old 10-14-2016, 03:55 AM

Could I also do a rear RCA and avoid the need for the toe arms and get more camber adjustment?
Old 10-14-2016, 07:20 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

From what I was told the offset front ball joint negates the need for the steering rack spacers.
Axle spacers are something I would recommend. They are cheap and easy to install.
Since this is the racing section, I need to ask- are you planning to do any actual racing like TT or more of HPDE? I am not familiar with the new classing system they are currently implementing (NASA), but offset ball joints had points assessed to them under the old class. It is something you may want to look into.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:22 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

If you go with the toe arms, the Megan's seem to be the best. They are more durable than the t1r, and half the price.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
From what I was told the offset front ball joint negates the need for the steering rack spacers.
Axle spacers are something I would recommend. They are cheap and easy to install.
Since this is the racing section, I need to ask- are you planning to do any actual racing like TT or more of HPDE? I am not familiar with the new classing system they are currently implementing (NASA), but offset ball joints had points assessed to them under the old class. It is something you may want to look into.

The answer is, at this point just HPDE and some instructing. I really don't have a desire to compete, however that could always change.

Thanks for the response, maybe I will grab the Megan rear toe arms, although I do see that Evasive makes some as well.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) Check out ESM Race for the Toe arms, I would trust them over anything Megan racing makes.
2) J's racing for the balljoint in the front
3) If you dont have virbation from the axle due to it not "riding in the groove" anymore cause you lowered the car a lot dont worry about it.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by No.Division
1) Check out ESM Race for the Toe arms, I would trust them over anything Megan racing makes.
2) J's racing for the balljoint in the front
3) If you dont have virbation from the axle due to it not "riding in the groove" anymore cause you lowered the car a lot dont worry about it.
Cool thanks! Do you have a link to their toe arms? All I can find is their spherical kits for S2000
Old 10-14-2016, 01:34 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Depending on the camber you want, you may want the s2, i got -3.5 out of those. Was scared i wouldnt get it after some reading about the s1
Old 10-14-2016, 02:31 PM

Well I went Megan rear toe, there are so few options, this is the cheapest, but has the best most consistent reviews so I figured I would give it a shot. I also grabbed their front bump steer, they are just metal shims.

I am actually now leaning towards the buddy club P1, it looks like a nice peice and serves as both a RCA and camber adjustment. For this reason I do think the front bump steer was needed as the RCA will make the difference more dramatic, correct me if I am wrong.

Quick Reply: Need help selecting small suspension parts