S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

New swaybar available

Old 10-22-2002, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New swaybar available

I've contacted several manufacturers* recently in the hope of finding alternatives to the front bars already on the market, for the '00 and '01 S2Ks.

So far I have found 1 new player in Florida : SANER performance fabrication ; www.sanerperffab.com

They describe their bar as : IT IS A 32MM SOLID BAR AND COMES POWDER COATED, WITH URETHANE MIDSECTION BUSHING, AND 10MM ROD ENDS. COST IS $220.00 PLUS SHIPPING

I don't know anything about them yet but I'll be contacting a few of their customers who have apparently tried them on the track. I'll let the board know what I find out!

Pierre

*if the members interested in alternative bars contact such people as Eibach, Suspension Techniques, Intrax, Progress, ect. it would create a demand and possibly "encourage" the market to react...
Old 10-22-2002, 05:33 PM

I have the first bar manufactured by them. Ran it at Homestead with a fresh set of Kumho's and it was awsome. 1.25" solid steel. I will post some photos soon.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:02 PM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Scott do you know the stiffness in comparison to the Comptech and the Genderon bars?
Old 10-23-2002, 03:32 AM

Stiffer.. . According to Saner.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:05 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Do they offer aftermarket endlinks or do you use the factory?
Old 10-23-2002, 07:34 AM
Fed

Can we get a GB going?
Old 10-23-2002, 08:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I contacted them a little over a year ago about making a bar, but being solid, I was unsure about the weight. However, it will not be as thick as a hollow bar, and might give you a bit more adjustability.

They do great work, and some kits use custom end links.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:52 AM

You can use stock endlinks and they send some adjustable endlinks with the kit. The connections to the frame are nothing special--after seeing what comptech did to hook their bar up.

One thing for sure it weighs quite a bit. I haven't put it on the scale but there is about 5 feet of 1.25" steel there.

I had to send it back for a small adjustment--its a prototype--and just got it back tuesday. I'll be putting it on and taking a few photos in the next few days.

I've developed a relationship with the shop and could head up a group buy if there is any interest... We would likely get faster delivery if they knew there were 10 or 20 people wanting one.

It took months to get them to build mine after I sent them a stock bar. I think Negcamber gave me his bar back in may? or so.

I am trying to convice them to build a spline bar like the Gendron with multiple bars as part of the package. It would be so much easier to replace the straight section of the bar when you change tires and brakes after an event. If there was enough interest they might get inspired. Personally I like what Gendron has built but just can't part with that much money for a swaybar...
Old 10-23-2002, 09:27 AM
jzr

Originally posted by airsport
Stiffer.. . According to Saner.
The stiffness should be about the same as the Gendron bar, seeing as how they're both 1.25" solid with holes drilled to adjust arm length. IIRC Andy calculated the two-bolt Comptech bar to be a bit stiffer than the Gendron, but only before it breaks.

I actually kinda like the idea of the Saner bar - I'd like to see two bars for sale: a 1.25" solid, and a 1.25" with .25" wall. The former for concrete, the latter for asphalt. Adjustable arm length (either slotted or drilled) would be icing on the cake.

Saner has developed an excellent reputation amongst the MR2 Spyder crowd, and I would trust his stuff to hold up.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:29 PM

Sure Scott, pictures would be great, but more background would also be useful:

Quick Reply: New swaybar available