S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Question for fellow Volk CE-28N Owners

Old 07-03-2006, 10:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wouldn't it be completely obvious that the ring stayed on the hub? Maybe some goof at the local tire shop would not notice, but someone changing their own wheel would, right?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if so, it serves zero benefit on the S2000. It's just a nuisance when changing wheels. Keep in mind that manufacturers often include many low-cost accessories with products to suit as many different applications as possible, but that are not necessarily intended to be used in all. I view these rings as one of them. Maybe on a car that uses bolts (like BMW) instead of studs+lugs they are useful.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I'm a little late getting back to this party but thanks for all the responses.

One other thing that I am a little concerned with is the Volk Lugs that I am using on my wheels. I purchased the light weight aluminum ones when I got my wheels and noticed that about once a week I need to retighten the front lugs. I can get about an inch or two of turning on the lug wrench each and every week. What lugs are you using on your wheels and do they loosen this frequently or at all? Would titanium lugs be as likely to loosen also?

I'm sure that any wobble that I may have would most certainly be the end result of these lugs that seem to keep coming undone. I thought about putting a "Dab" of medium grade LokTight but have steered clear of this idea up to now.

Thanks for any other info you can provide
Old 07-07-2006, 06:53 PM
AP2

you should retighten your lugs after 50 -100 miles when you first purchased and installed the wheels...as for once a week, ive never heard of that...do you take your wheels off the vehicle often?..
Old 07-07-2006, 08:43 PM

Are you using a torque wrench and are you torquing them when the wheels are cool or not very hot?

I've always used the standard Volk chromed steel lugs.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You will find when they are new that you need to retorque them often. They will seat over time and you'll need to retorque less often. I too am using the steel lugs that came with them.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:05 PM

volks are mass produced therefore they have 73mm hub bore
bigger than everycar they can sell to.. so less hassle

Work even makes all wheels 73mm hub unless u custom order em hubcentric as i do.

its just a process of mass production

order custom works or kinesis/fikse if u want hubcentric..otherwise use hub rings

plastic rings>metal

they hold tighter, dont rust onto the car, and dont bend
Old 07-10-2006, 05:14 AM

Davepk's experience with stacked hub rings happened to Richard from NorCal. In his case, his dealer did it accidentally.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by NFRS2K3,Jul 7 2006, 07:13 PM
Sorry I'm a little late getting back to this party but thanks for all the responses.

One other thing that I am a little concerned with is the Volk Lugs that I am using on my wheels. I purchased the light weight aluminum ones when I got my wheels and noticed that about once a week I need to retighten the front lugs. I can get about an inch or two of turning on the lug wrench each and every week. What lugs are you using on your wheels and do they loosen this frequently or at all? Would titanium lugs be as likely to loosen also?

I'm sure that any wobble that I may have would most certainly be the end result of these lugs that seem to keep coming undone. I thought about putting a "Dab" of medium grade LokTight but have steered clear of this idea up to now.

Thanks for any other info you can provide
Could this be due to problems with the rings? Don't use them and see.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:31 AM

I had some problem when I first put my ce2ns on my AP2, don't know if front hubs are different from AP1. Anyways, I first put them on with the hub centric rings, took car out for a spin, both front wheels almost fell off! Don't think they fit properly on the fronts, took wheels out, those rings were stuck to the rims. Took me an hour to get them out, as they were really stuck, almost looked like melted to the rims. Zero problem even since I took rings out, they are not going back.

Quick Reply: Question for fellow Volk CE-28N Owners