S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Quick Release and Steering Hub Recommendations

Old 01-26-2017, 09:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
That Works Bell looks almost identical to the NRG .....

I just installed the used one I picked up. Only thing different that I can see is the WB logo vs. NRG.
I'm pretty sure the NRG is the replica of the Works Bell
The following users liked this post:
freq (01-26-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 12:39 PM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

I'm using a Snap Off R100B, it's a Swedish brand that's pretty much motorsport standard around here but I'm guessing they might be pretty known in the rest of the world as well.
Decent price and great quality SnapOff.com | Steering Wheel Quick Release
Old 01-26-2017, 05:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trackHERO
NRG is a replica of works bell, there was a post about it on a 350Z forum
Old 01-27-2017, 04:33 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by trackHERO
Originally Posted by proracer07
NRG is a replica of works bell, there was a post about it on a 350Z forum
OK OK, I bought a replica.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:14 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
OK OK, I bought a replica.
It's like buying a Rota. Which is apparently the BEST replica.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:30 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the Momo Hub and Sparco quick release (which is made by Lifeline) with a Sparco R383.
Zero slack in the quick release which is a must.
First one I had, had a bit of slack. Returned and exchanged, no questions asked!

Works great, and spaces out the wheel like I needed since the OEM wheel is not adjustable.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:32 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

So I have to ask.. What's the reason so many people go with QR hubs these days? If you spend some serious time at the track I understand the desire to be able to quickly escape should you need to, but what about the casual hpde'rs and street cars, bling?
Old 01-27-2017, 07:02 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
So I have to ask.. What's the reason so many people go with QR hubs these days? If you spend some serious time at the track I understand the desire to be able to quickly escape should you need to, but what about the casual hpde'rs and street cars, bling?
Either you go all out on safety or you stay stock, from everything I've heard. That doesn't just include roll bar, seats, and 5/6 point harness, but if you do that you'll also want to remove your oem wheel because it has an airbag. I actually like the OEM steering wheel and wouldn't recommend changing it if you're still got stock seatbelts.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:08 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by ISADE
Either you go all out on safety or you stay stock, from everything I've heard. That doesn't just include roll bar, seats, and 5/6 point harness, but if you do that you'll also want to remove your oem wheel because it has an airbag. I actually like the OEM steering wheel and wouldn't recommend changing it if you're still got stock seatbelts.
I'm not hear to debate safety equipment, I'm just asking why people opt for the QR vs non-QR steering wheels. I get the safety reason for a QR steering wheel for people who frequent the track (heck, sometimes you practically need to remove the wheel to get in the seat, much less need to escape the car in a wreck), but let's be honest, that's the minority of people here. So what's the rationale, bling? I'm primarily just an HPDE'er, and even if I did TTs, I'm not sure it'd necessarily warrant a QR hub.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:32 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
I'm not hear to debate safety equipment, I'm just asking why people opt for the QR vs non-QR steering wheels. I get the safety reason for a QR steering wheel for people who frequent the track (heck, sometimes you practically need to remove the wheel to get in the seat, much less need to escape the car in a wreck), but let's be honest, that's the minority of people here. So what's the rationale, bling? I'm primarily just an HPDE'er, and even if I did TTs, I'm not sure it'd necessarily warrant a QR hub.
Bling factor. Weight savings.

Quick Reply: Quick Release and Steering Hub Recommendations