S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

R U Faster Than a Redneck

Old 04-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Default R U Faster Than a Redneck

I've been enjoying the show, "R U Faster Than a Redneck" on Speed. There have been several S2000s on the show. Anyone we know? This week's show featured an English driver living in the US who almost took home the $10,000. Was that Dan_UK?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:48 AM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by robrob
I've been enjoying the show, "R U Faster Than a Redneck" on Speed. There have been several S2000s on the show. Anyone we know? This week's show featured an English driver living in the US who almost took home the $10,000. Was that Dan_UK?
Yes. Maybe he'll get on here and post about it.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know a guy who was on the show driving a BMW M3 which the redneck driver drove into during a pass. While the show has some entertainment value, the concept is hugely flawed. There is really very little way for an underpowered car to get past any muscle car with those straights on that tiny little track.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z3papa
I know a guy who was on the show driving a BMW M3 which the redneck driver drove into during a pass. While the show has some entertainment value, the concept is hugely flawed. There is really very little way for an underpowered car to get past any muscle car with those straights on that tiny little track.
Any word on what happened to the M3? Aka who paid for the damages.
Watching the wreck it seems like too little give by the Camaro, with a lot of take by the M3. The M3 certainly had position going into the corner, and the Camaro ended up jumping the curb trying to make the corner and get it slowed down, seems like a racing incident, but what do I know? The slap was hugely funny though.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Former Moderator

From watching the show there appears to be a "rule" that each driver must give the other guy plenty of room to stay on track. Being side-by-side into turn 1 is very common and both Tuners and Rednecks are very polite about not slamming the door. This is not "normal" w2w racing and the standard racing room rules don't apply. I believe that's why the Camaro driver that collided with the M3 was so pissed.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw a review from the STI driver on the show and they made it very clear it was for entertainment and not for an actual competition. Would like to see some high hp "rice" to go play with the muscle cars.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I am told, the M3 has not yet been repaired and the driver, Anthony, has to pay for it out of pocket. Don't quote me, but that's my understanding.

And yes, as Ian stated, that was Dan.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:42 PM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by CKit
I saw a review from the STI driver on the show and they made it very clear it was for entertainment and not for an actual competition. Would like to see some high hp "rice" to go play with the muscle cars.
Charles.... Peter's old 2002 911 GT2 that I ran in the one lap in 2009..... Wish he still had it, I'd be trying to borrow it for the show.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The driver that beat Dan is a ringer! I believe he is the owner of Detroit Speed, and the car he was driving is PERFECTLY tuned in every way! He and his wife both are very fast! Not your typical Redneck speed demon ; )

Good driving Dan, with a few more ponies under the hood it could have been party time!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Former Moderator

There has been some nice "rice" on the show. I think three "Tuners" have won the $10k. A nicely tuned and driven Audi station wagon, a tuned GTR and was the 3rd a nicely prepped Civic race car?

Dan, nice driving and it's impressive you beat the time of the tuner shop owner's personal Audi S3 Quattro. The show listed your horsepower at 200. Were they asking for rear wheel hp or were you just sandbagging them?

The show does seem to "bring out the big dogs" when it's really needed to keep the $10k at home.

Quick Reply: R U Faster Than a Redneck