S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 05-21-2017, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbbs
I've just bought a 2004 S2000 and I don't fit in the standard seats.

I'm 6"4' and weigh 94kg. However I've a longer upper body so I'm looking for the lowest seat position.
I fit well in a Recaro Pole Position ABE. Any idea what rails I would need which fit and go as low as possible?
I also looked for the Bride VIOS III but I don't know if I would fit in that seat and if it would go lower.

I'm looking for a gain of 2 inch if possible..
And I will be using the stock seatbelts.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbbs
And I will be using the stock seatbelts.
You might want to go with a recato reclinable with stock belts. I'm using stock belts on pole positions and it can be a pain even with seat belt extensions. I used BC rails and it lowered me alot but I'm not sure if it's enough for you. Do you fit comfortably in pole positions.
The following users liked this post:
Chibo (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

I don't want to kill this by posting it here, but
Murray Motorsport for Sparco, Alpin - Murray Motorsport

A new Evo is $540 shipped.

Does anyone know if the Ergo fits into the S2000?
The following users liked this post:
Snowmants (06-07-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 08:32 AM

I ordered a Evo from the link above, arrived in less than a week. I'm going to order another seat, a HANS, harnesses, and a few other things from them.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LeonV
Negative. No mods to tranny tunnel and it doesn't rub the door, maybe just a hint of contact with the seat fabric but nothing noticeable. Seems this seat is on the verge of contact everywhere but just barely fits without having to trim, grind, or bash anything.
Do you think the seat would take the tunnel or door if you had the seat moved up forward in order to fit a 6-0 guy and to prevent from contacting roll bar during crash?

Also, did you come up with the oem/stock seat belt solution?
Old 06-02-2017, 01:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by usafstud
Do you think the seat would take the tunnel or door if you had the seat moved up forward in order to fit a 6-0 guy and to prevent from contacting roll bar during crash?

Also, did you come up with the oem/stock seat belt solution?
I think it would fit but again, it's pretty tight.

I do have to amend the quoted statement slightly, I posted that before getting the seatbelt in. I ended up using rear 2G Eclipse buckles and had to give the trans tunnel a few whacks with a hammer so the bolt heat would fit. The PCI seat bracket has the seatbelt buckle hole right up against the tunnel so it seems unavoidable. Otherwise, I'm very happy with it. The buckle sticks out of the right lap belt pass-through and belt comes out of left lap belt pass-through so it's nice and tight.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone who has the BC seat rails on the passenger side take a pic of the rails? I ordered a used set but it looks like they are two of the same side. Each rail seems to have a welded in washer for a seat belt receptacle.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:52 AM

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jp182
Can anyone who has the BC seat rails on the passenger side take a pic of the rails? I ordered a used set but it looks like they are two of the same side. Each rail seems to have a welded in washer for a seat belt receptacle.
I will if I remember....shoot me a PM to remind me if you don't see a response by this weekend.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:00 PM

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chibo
I don't want to kill this by posting it here, but
Murray Motorsport for Sparco, Alpin - Murray Motorsport

A new Evo is $540 shipped.

Does anyone know if the Ergo fits into the S2000?

I just ordered 2 Sparco Circuit 2 LF seats from them....supposedly they have shipped--hoping they show up! They were like $520 each. The shop here wanted $980 plus shipping for 1!
Old 06-07-2017, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmants
I just ordered 2 Sparco Circuit 2 LF seats from them....supposedly they have shipped--hoping they show up! They were like $520 each. The shop here wanted $980 plus shipping for 1!
Mine showed up to Arizona in less than a week. They had a 10% off sale over the weekend, also.
You should have gotten a tracking number for the Ireland post or whatever they use, it lets you track it until it hits the US.

I'm going to be ordered all of my gear and another seat from them.

Quick Reply: Race seats