Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Racing and Competition
Reload this Page >

Racebred Components - Introduction

S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racebred Components - Introduction

 
Old 01-20-2019, 08:56 AM
  #11  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dead Serious View Post
What class/rule book is the aero built to?
Our splitters are completely customizable and can be produced for any rule book or competition.

Last edited by RacebredComponents; 01-20-2019 at 07:21 PM.
RacebredComponents is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 10:52 AM
  #12  
 
yamahaSHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,900
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Definitely interested in this. My trailer is not nice to having a splitter. I imagine the bumper can be left on if you install the pin from the inside?
yamahaSHO is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 12:18 PM
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 1,079
Liked 68 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Definitely interested in this. My trailer is not nice to having a splitter. I imagine the bumper can be left on if you install the pin from the inside?
Seems like the design needs the two bolts to be tightened down after putting the splitter on, which is a shame. I didn't realize that until I saw the Instagram video above.

By using conical washers to help locate the splitter side of the mounts and using a dowel sized to the thickness of the mount to slide over tightly the entire thing could have been retained by just the pin, which would be placed on the opposite side as this design does.

edit: The other option would be to swap these mounts from side to side, that way you could get an electric ratchet in there, but that means you need to buy their mounts and make your own splitter or drill new holes in theirs.

Last edited by Chibo; 03-12-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Chibo is online now  
Old 03-12-2019, 12:24 PM
  #14  
 
yamahaSHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,900
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chibo View Post
Seems like the design needs the two bolts to be tightened down after putting the splitter on, which is a shame. I didn't realize that until I saw the Instagram video above.
Those bolts would be easily accessible with my cordless Snap-On 3/8 impact, especially with the welded on nut.

Originally Posted by Chibo View Post
By using conical washers to help locate the splitter side of the mounts and using a dowel sized to the thickness of the mount to slide over tightly the entire thing could have been retained by just the pin, which would be placed on the opposite side as this design does.
You could always retain it with the pin and use Loc-Tite to keep the bolts backing out.
yamahaSHO is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 12:30 PM
  #15  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 1,079
Liked 68 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Those bolts would be easily accessible with my cordless Snap-On 3/8 impact, especially with the welded on nut.



You could always retain it with the pin and use Loc-Tite to keep the bolts backing out.
The point of it being quick release is that you wouldn't have to pull the front bumper, so if you have fender liners the design placing the captive nuts on the bumper opening side (versus outside of car) prevents you from getting anything in there. The loctite isn't a bad idea, but you'd still want conical washers since the washer would be able to move side to side without the splitter there, whereas a conical would push the washer out towards the nut as you pushed the splitter in.

Or am I thinking about this completely wrong?
Chibo is online now  
Old 03-12-2019, 12:40 PM
  #16  
 
yamahaSHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,900
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

You could still add a conical washer.

I like the idea of these mounts as I can snap it into place easily/quickly without help, and then zip the bolts on... provided these can be installed with everything accessible from the front opening of the car.
yamahaSHO is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 01:37 PM
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 173
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

what's the point of that quick release if the front bumper must be taken off?
diabloAP1 is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 01:47 PM
  #18  
Community Organizer
 
freq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: in my garage
Posts: 20,774
Liked 138 Times in 125 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by diabloAP1 View Post
what's the point of that quick release if the front bumper must be taken off?
I think he means reaching through the bumper opening. I personally have some mesh there to keep debris from going through my radiator.
freq is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 02:16 PM
  #19  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,294
Liked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by diabloAP1 View Post
what's the point of that quick release if the front bumper must be taken off?
yeah I don’t understand that
afzan is online now  
Old 03-12-2019, 03:44 PM
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 173
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by freq View Post
I think he means reaching through the bumper opening. I personally have some mesh there to keep debris from going through my radiator.
yeah, a stainless net is a must to protect radiator, which makes his quick release useless.
diabloAP1 is offline  

Quick Reply: Racebred Components - Introduction


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands