S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Racebred Components - Introduction

Old 03-13-2019, 07:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
Definitely interested in this. My trailer is not nice to having a splitter. I imagine the bumper can be left on if you install the pin from the inside?
If you flip the brackets, then installing it from the grill opening is a possibility, but the overall area is a tight fit with the OEM grill in the way. We recommend removing the bumper for easy install.

Most of our clients opt in removing the bumper and have quick turn buckles for their bumpers like Dzus fasteners.

Originally Posted by Chibo
Seems like the design needs the two bolts to be tightened down after putting the splitter on, which is a shame. I didn't realize that until I saw the Instagram video above.

By using conical washers to help locate the splitter side of the mounts and using a dowel sized to the thickness of the mount to slide over tightly the entire thing could have been retained by just the pin, which would be placed on the opposite side as this design does.

edit: The other option would be to swap these mounts from side to side, that way you could get an electric ratchet in there, but that means you need to buy their mounts and make your own splitter or drill new holes in theirs.
We are toying with the idea of producing a large conical washer or offering shoulder bolts to help guide the hooks on the lower splitter bracket. With the shoulder bolt option, this would significantly increase the cost of the product.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:08 AM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

I'll have to agree with everyone else... If I have to remove my bumper cover anyway, it doesn't really save me any time.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
I'll have to agree with everyone else... If I have to remove my bumper cover anyway, it doesn't really save me any time.
We appreciate everyones feedback and we are always looking to improve our products anyway we can, being mindful of the end cost for our customers.

Our brackets can be easily accessed by removing the bumper, loosening 4 bolts with 1 wrench, and pulling the quick release pin. Other brackets on the market require 8-12 bolts AND nuts to be removed, 2 wrenches, along with the bumper being removed.

We've found that removing bolts from underneath the splitter isn't really an option if your S2000 is fairly low (unless you plan on jacking the vehicle up). There is little to no sufficient space to fit your arm and wrench beneath the vehicle.

Many of our clients so far have removed their bumpers for the install or have quick bumper disconnect fasteners like Dzuz or Quik Latch mechanism.

Last edited by RacebredComponents; 03-13-2019 at 07:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
keeptrying56 (11-21-2021)
Old 03-13-2019, 08:45 AM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

Based off the picture I sent you yesterday, if I have the bumper off, my splitter will require the same number of bolts to loosen as this.

If I thought I could fit these and install them so that the bolts are accessible from the grill, I'd give it a try. With no return policy and a pre-drilled splitter-to-bracket mount, I could see these potentially not working for me and then I'm out another $200.

That said, my current splitter mounting threads is 6", center to center from front to bac. The thread spacing between left to right side is 31.25". Is there enough material on your mount to use on my splitter if I have to modify? Maybe use a plate above it to sandwich the mount to the splitter? Do you have an undrilled bracket for the splitter side? I am still interested, just don't want to throw away money... I do that enough.

As mentioned by someone else, a self centering setup that only requires a pin to hold itself from moving would be a fantastic way to do this.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:39 AM

Received 559 Likes on 391 Posts

I have seen another forum poster take the Devsport splitter brackets and use door hinges to attach to the splitter plate and mounting post brackets.

He then simply pulls the hinge-pin out to release the splitter, all without removing the bumper.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
I have seen another forum poster take the Devsport splitter brackets and use door hinges to attach to the splitter plate and mounting post brackets.

He then simply pulls the hinge-pin out to release the splitter, all without removing the bumper.
I would love to see that.. link? pics?
Old 03-26-2019, 03:33 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Silly question: why not create a bracket where recessed or flush mount bolts screw into a bracket from below?

A sidebar: the pictures are of flat splitters with endplates but no diffusers. They probably make very little downforce. Would the splitter mounts handle one with diffusers making maybe 200-400lb of downforce at 120mph?

Old 03-29-2019, 06:07 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

can you guys make a oil filter stopper for the S? That seems to be a very important product that not many people make. Tegiwa and Bawss used to make decently priced alternatives but now the Tegiwa is only offered in the UK unless you pay for absurd shipping and the Js/asm unit is severely over priced.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey dude, i have their splitter and bracket with tunnels, can confirm, it holds up just fine, but i would recommend using rods in front