S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Roll hoop removal. HELP:P

Old 01-01-2008, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roll hoop removal. HELP:P

I did a search but couldnt find what i needed. Im just having trouble removing the plastics for some reason. I really dont want to break them but any advise would be awesome.
Thank you
Jordan C.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

STOP...don't remove the plastic!!!

The plastic does not come off. The whole hoop -- plastic and all -- comes off as a unit. Four bolts and remove.

BTW...learned this the hard way. My hoop plastic is held together with superglue.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

0) remove the seats
1) With the top up, the long vertical piece across the very back has to come out first it's got several clips in it that you push the middle in to release.
2) Now you can remove the rear tray. It's held in with clips.
3) On the back of the center console/secret compartment is a vertical, rectangular panel that faces the rear of the car. It has 2 screws at the bottom and clips at the top. Remove that guy.
4) remove the rectangular panels behind the seats -- the ones with the vents. They are held in by screws through the two plastic hooks.
5) Remove the two side panels immediately behind the doors -- on the driver's side, the gas door release is in this piece. They are held in by clips and a single screw near the bottom
6) open the glove box and remove the screw in the back of the box -- below and to the right of the trunk release button
7) open the secret compartment lid and remove the 4 screws along the edge of the opening.
9) Remove the shift knob and the center console
10) remove the black screws along the edge plastic glove box -- there are two at the very bottom that were covered by the center console
11) remove any additional black screws along the edge of the glove box or roll hoops.
12) remove the glove box and secret compartment lid by popping any clips loose, and pulling up. You will need to unplug the trunk release switch and the 12v accessory outlet.
13) remove the black screws near the outside edges of the roll hoop covers
14) remove the 8 gold colored bolts per roll hoop. 4 are on the transmission tunnel and 4 go through the vertical bulkhead and thread into nuts that are attached to the roll hoops.
15) remove the bolts that hold the seatbelts to the floor of the car.
16) remove the bolts on the seatbelt guides (attached to the roll hoops)
17 Lift up and twist the roll hoop assembly (plastic cover and metal hoop) to remove it. You will need to push the loose end of the seatbelt, and the guide through the roll hoop once it is free.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you so much for the help guys:P hahaha im glad i didnt break them:P
The following users liked this post:
akyeow (07-06-2017)
Old 01-01-2012, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank - You !!! you saved me breaking all that plastic....

ODarby

0) remove the seats
1) With the top up, the long vertical piece across the very back has to come out first it's got several clips in it that you push the middle in to release.
2) Now you can remove the rear tray. It's held in with clips.
3) On the back of the center console/secret compartment is a vertical, rectangular panel that faces the rear of the car. It has 2 screws at the bottom and clips at the top. Remove that guy.
4) remove the rectangular panels behind the seats -- the ones with the vents. They are held in by screws through the two plastic hooks.
5) Remove the two side panels immediately behind the doors -- on the driver's side, the gas door release is in this piece. They are held in by clips and a single screw near the bottom
6) open the glove box and remove the screw in the back of the box -- below and to the right of the trunk release button
7) open the secret compartment lid and remove the 4 screws along the edge of the opening.
9) Remove the shift knob and the center console
10) remove the black screws along the edge plastic glove box -- there are two at the very bottom that were covered by the center console
11) remove any additional black screws along the edge of the glove box or roll hoops.
12) remove the glove box and secret compartment lid by popping any clips loose, and pulling up. You will need to unplug the trunk release switch and the 12v accessory outlet.
13) remove the black screws near the outside edges of the roll hoop covers
14) remove the 8 gold colored bolts per roll hoop. 4 are on the transmission tunnel and 4 go through the vertical bulkhead and thread into nuts that are attached to the roll hoops.
15) remove the bolts that hold the seatbelts to the floor of the car.
16) remove the bolts on the seatbelt guides (attached to the roll hoops)
17 Lift up and twist the roll hoop assembly (plastic cover and metal hoop) to remove it. You will need to push the loose end of the seatbelt, and the guide through the roll hoop once it is free.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

On step 1, do you mean horizontal? You're referring to the plastic well cover that the top rests on, right?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:48 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

He refers to the peice that is under the black metal peice on the farthest edges of he trunk
Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 PM

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

plastic that hard to come apart and put together? I just hit the top of my roll hoops with a rubber mallet and the glue cracks and they pop open like clams. when i want them back together i just put a tiny dab of superglue on the inner seem in a few spots just like from the factory and wrap a bungee cord around them to hold them snug while they dry... I probably do this once a year depending on what i want to get to harness wise..
Nice write up highlander!!! thumbs way up on that detail
Old 03-27-2013, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by rrthorne8
plastic that hard to come apart and put together? I just hit the top of my roll hoops with a rubber mallet and the glue cracks and they pop open like clams. when i want them back together i just put a tiny dab of superglue on the inner seem in a few spots just like from the factory and wrap a bungee cord around them to hold them snug while they dry... I probably do this once a year depending on what i want to get to harness wise..Nice write up highlander!!! thumbs way up on that detail
Could you post any pictures, I'm trying to trim my roll hoop covers to fit the Hard Dog Rollbar, but I cant figure out how I'll do a good job with out taking the covers off first.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:54 AM

Hi, I split one of my rollbar covers whilst fitting a new roof (before reading this thread), but am not that keen to use superglue due to it leaving white mark when it dries.

The glue used by Honda almost appears to be meant to be dissabled - anyone got a good suggestion for a glue that woudl be similar to this that is strong enough?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Roll hoop removal. HELP:P