S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Sebring Road Course and Dothan Alabama AutoX MPEG Vids....

Old 06-14-2002, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://morticia.tcc.fl.edu/~airsport/Hot_Lap-SEB.mpg
My first trip to the track. Sebring Fl. After a morning of rain and sliding around it finally dried out for some really fun laps! I had a great instructor and a great time with the chin motorsports folks! I have signed up for nearly every track event they have! It's just too much fun driving at the track. The video is of one complete lap following a 924 that should have let me by... 39.1megs

http://morticia.tcc.fl.edu/~airsport/924_Crash.mpg
This is a brief video of what happened at the next turn... 8.6megs

http://morticia.tcc.fl.edu/~airsport/Dothan_run_7.mpg
My 7th run at the Dothan Alabama AutoX. 3rd time Autox'ing. Had second fastest run of the day. The passenger was a bit excited and you might want to turn the volume down if the kids are watching.... 18.7megs
Old 06-17-2002, 08:04 PM

Great videos! Share you camera set up! Wei Shen is a great guy, we have met up a few times when he visits Hawaii! He even served as a drivers coach for me at a SCCA track event. I am proud to say, that ride with me may have played a small part in his S2000 ownership.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:53 AM

Colin,

Thanks for the compliments! Are you interested in the Camera Mount or the camera/lens setup?

Scott
Old 06-18-2002, 01:06 PM

He he, well since I have neither camera nor mount at this point, I guess I'm asking you to "spill all the beans" Man I love your autox instructor! What a reaction! FWIW, locally when we were autocrossing the S2000 (with Kumhos and an alignment as the only mods) was capable of finishing in the top 10% overall in raw times and usually 2nd or 3rd in PAX! This was against quite a few cars with significantly more modifications. We reached a point where I could tell exactly where I'd be depending on which cars show up on a given weekend. There 5-7 cars that are simply too fast. We've got the rest covered
Old 06-18-2002, 01:37 PM

The mount is made from 2" aluminum angle and few machine screws. Takes an hour to cut drill and screw one together... I added a tripod mount to make attaching the camera easier and a few extra holes for mounting more than one camera.

The camera is a Sony TRV30 Mini DV camcorder with a wideangle adapter.

The passenger during the autox was just another driver that wanted to come along and see what the S was all about. He did get pretty fired up!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Colin
[B]He he, well since I have neither camera nor mount at this point, I guess I'm asking you to "spill all the beans"
Old 06-18-2002, 08:43 PM

Thanks for the look at your setup. We don't have a windscreen installed on the 2000, so I guess we'd need to drill some holes to mount it like you've shown. Hmmmm need to consider more options.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:19 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Scott, Dothan is one of my favorite places to autoX. Small turnouts, no course working, top notch drivers, and all the runs you can stand. I haven't made it over in a while and watching your run made me want to take a ride.

Did you do any testing on the spare runway?
Old 06-22-2002, 12:30 PM

Never played on the other runway... That was my first time to Dothan and wasn't tryning to stand out too much

Really a fun place to go! On my 5th run I spun and wasted a couple of cones, so I get the car running again and get out walk over and fix the cones.

Go to http://morticia.tcc.fl.edu/~airsport/ and you'll find a small mpeg called "cones" that was my spin/course working for the meet.
Old 07-04-2002, 07:03 AM

Hey Scott,
While you're sharing your setup, how about filling me in on where to get a nice helmet like yours. The only ones I've found so far are soild white. No options, no colors. Is that a bike helmet? I'm also not sure which helmets are allowed on autocross courses vs road courses.

What other kind of equipment do you have? Mine's a Lotus 136, Javelin TJ, Air Time Designs Pit Special, Oxygn A3, Expert Cypress.

Oh, and I'm with you on the Sony TRV-30. I've got one too - great cam! Now I just need to build me a mount.
Old 07-04-2002, 07:21 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sharp Chuter
[B]Hey Scott,
While you're sharing your setup, how about filling me in on where to get a nice helmet like yours.

Quick Reply: Sebring Road Course and Dothan Alabama AutoX MPEG Vids....