S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Sebring S2000 Journey

Old 04-24-2018, 06:36 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Sebring S2000 Journey

So after this past weekend I had an epiphany, the once unmolested Sebring Silver S2000 I purchased just over 5 years ago has quite an interesting Sebring story I thought it would be cool to share.

Let's first start at the beginning. I honestly couldn't tell you when I first fell in love with the S2000 but I knew I would love to own one at some point. It was my realistic dream car for some time. Well once I graduated college and got into the real world I had come across a 50k mile 2 owner gem down here in Florida near me in March of 2013. At the time I had never owned a stick, knew what autocross was, or even knew of a world of track days or amateur racing. All I knew was that the S2000 was a gorgeous car that had some really cool engineering in it and that I wanted one. After about a month of ownership I attended a central Florida S2KI meet at a local Sonic Drive In where I met some of my now closest friends. At this point I was told I needed to come autocross with the car, simply put after my first event in July of 2103 I was hooked. So now here is what I found to be the interesting part and figured I'd take you down the slippery slope of what transpired.

First time at Sebring
Every year in Florida the 4 or 5 major autocross clubs rotate hosting a State Championship autocross. In 2013 Martin Sports Car Club was hosting the event in the paddock of Sebring International Raceway where they would autocross a couple of times a year. This was my first time to Sebring and thought it was really awesome having my Sebring Silver S2000 at Sebring. I was still wet behind the ears and took dead last in STR that year but had a blast and at that point I learned about NASA as they were using the actual track that same weekend for their event, which leads me to my next point in the story.

First track day
Flash forward about 6 months to the end of March in 2014 where I signed up for my first ever track day. I was set to do two days at Sebring with NASA Florida. I remember still to this day the amount of adrenaline through the first ever lap there and how I was shaking when I came off track. It was a new drug and I was hooked even harder.

First Time Trial Event
After about another year and a half of tracking very regularly October of 2015 come around and I find myself now in my first ever Time Trial event with NASA Florida at Sebring again. I ended up taking 2nd place both days but setting a new personal best and now the feeling of competition was back now that I was actually being timed against others in a class. I continued on with TT up until recently and even went all the way to Watkins Glen in 2016 to compete at NASA Eastern Championships where I took first.

First Race
Now as of last week I did my comp eval and my first ever races at Sebring with NASA Florida yet again. It was most definitely something I am never going to forget. I had some of the best friends there helping me out throughout the weekend and went on to take 1st place in both of my debut races.

So at this point I'm not sure what is possible or what is next for my Sebring S2000 but not sure how many other colored S2000 share quite the story with their respective tracks.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:01 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome man and glad to be there to see you take your first 2 wins in wheel to wheel action!
Old 04-24-2018, 08:52 AM

Brock, you seriously came in clutch with that set of rear pads... I didn't have a back up set and didn't take into account how much driving I would be doing this weekend compared to most weekends I do. THANK YOU!
Old 04-26-2018, 12:34 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Yours looked like mine before we ruined them.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
Yours looked like mine before we ruined them.
ruined sounds bad, tastefully devalued is a better term
Old 04-27-2018, 07:22 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by t-o_double_d
ruined sounds bad, tastefully devalued is a better term
Nah I'm pretty sure we ruined them.
The following users liked this post:
s2000ellier (04-29-2018)