S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

STR - Engine Mounts

Old 11-10-2012, 11:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

im in need of new engine mounts. I know Matt Glagola ran Innovative mounts (excl. trans mount). The hardrace and megan racing mounts are direct replacement stock style mounts. What are the consensus on the innovative mounts being legal? Hasport? Robearracing?
Old 11-10-2012, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please tell me hasport mounts are legal.they've got the motor and differential mounts.unsure if they have transmission mounts that come with their kit
Old 11-10-2012, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oinojo
im in need of new engine mounts. I know Matt Glagola ran Innovative mounts (excl. trans mount). The hardrace and megan racing mounts are direct replacement stock style mounts. What are the consensus on the innovative mounts being legal? Hasport? Robearracing?

They are legal but you can't run the transmission mount. That was my understanding. I have the 75a ones on my car and I hated them the first 6-9 months on the car. They viberated all kinds of crap loose and it was like a massage chair while sitting at a red light. Drove me nuts! After a year being on the car I hardly notice them and the viberations is alot less but still slightly present. The most noticeable thing is the hood viberating and making noise.

On a positive note, while in race mode I don't notice them at all.

cheers.

edit- My turn to ask a question, what diff mounts, if any other then stock are legal? Innovative? I need to replace mine.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iirc energy suspension is coming out with replacement diff mount inserts for the OEM in red and black.think that'd pass?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I installed the Innovative 75A engine and transmission mounts. The engine and transmission are rock solid but they do cause vibration and noise but it's a race car so I don't care. I'm glad I replaced the mounts because one of them was completely blown. My gear shift lever used to move side to side because of the blown mount. Now it doesn't move at all.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 AM

Just be forewarned that while going with a softer durometer initially has less NVH, they also deform faster and end up being counter-productive. Going stiffer sucks initially but NVH decreases with use, as per my observations on several rounds of installs.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:24 AM

The transmission mount for the Innovative mount looks to have more metal than stock. So i assume in order to make this mount legal for STR, I'd have to swiss-cheese (gusset) the mount and measure the amount of metal compared to stock by doing a water displacement test?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:02 AM

I guess, I was always told it wasn't legal so I didn't bother installing it.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 AM

Appendix A: SEB Rule Changes
Action Items for implementation 1/1/2013

ITEM 15) Replace 14.10.J: Any engine or transmission mount is allowed provided it attaches only to the original mounting points, does not relocate the engine/transmission (other than incidental to changes in compliance material), and weighs no less than the OE mount. All components between the engine/transmission and the mounting structure are considered to be part of the mount assembly. Also remove 14.8.E and re-letter subsequent sections accordingly.

Comment: The existing allowance attempts to retain bushing compliance through an ineffective restriction on metal content. Mounts of a solid nature can still be legally fashioned from hard plastic (e.g., Delrin). The proposed allowance replaces that ineffective restriction with one that instead limits weight reduction benefits.

BOD of the november fastrack answered my question. It is legal as long as it is not lighter than stock if the SEB approve this rules change for 2013.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:16 AM

Who will sell just the tranny mounts?
For whatever reason I don't just see those on websites. EBay has a couple brands that are OEM replacements. DEA and Anchor. The dealer seemed to replace my engine mounts but not my tranny mounts when they did some warranty work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply: STR - Engine Mounts