S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Those of you using R compund tires..... What do you recommend?

Old 05-19-2002, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A stiffer bar upfront will change the equation, my bad. I'm running stock tires and a Mugen bar and my car pushes like a bulldozer. It's one characteristic I've tried to balance with tire pressure and camber but with no success. You get in a mind set of what's right and don't consider other things.

If you are running stiff on the front you may find the combo you have to be perfect. Let me know how it works out! I think it's also driver preference as to what "too much" or "too little" means.
Old 05-19-2002, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by cthree
A stiffer bar upfront will change the equation, my bad. I'm running stock tires and a Mugen bar and my car pushes like a bulldozer.
Keep in mind the driver's style has allot to do with it... I have driven our car on the stock S02's with our solid 1.25" (that's right SOLID!!) bar and it did push, but not like a bullodozer. The car was still relatively balanced, and you could still prod the tail out in an autocross situation... it was just much more stable in high speed stuff.
Old 05-19-2002, 02:24 PM

Duh, I missed that.

Well, then I don't know. Never replaced my swaybars. I changed my springs.
Old 05-19-2002, 04:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason Saini
[B]

Keep in mind the driver's style has allot to do with it... I have driven our car on the stock S02's with our solid 1.25" (that's right SOLID!!) bar and it did push, but not like a bullodozer.
Old 05-19-2002, 05:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gernby
[B]

I have been to 4 autocrosses since I got my '02, and have experienced almost uncrontrollable oversteer on the OEM S-02's.
Old 05-20-2002, 03:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[B]

I have been to 4 autocrosses since I got my '02, and have experienced almost uncrontrollable oversteer on the OEM S-02's.
Old 05-20-2002, 04:35 AM
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jguerdat
[B]

I'd have to suggest changing your driving before swaybars.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:28 AM

First of all, i d like to thank you all for your input, truly nice to be able to turn to knowledgable people and be able to get real world situation answers.

Looking in hindsight, i realize now that there are so many factors to take into consideration before attempting to make the car handle better. In addition to upgraded compnents like coil overs, sway bars, alignment , and tires etc... they way you personally drive also plays a major role. Not everyone drives the same so the same set up will not work for everyone.

Personally, i am still quite inexperienced when it comes to track driving with only a few track days under my belt. Besides the X brace and air flow upgrades i have, my car is stock. From what i can tell so far, the car feels very balanced to me over all. Even at high speed i felt pretty confidentin controlling the car. Basically, what i m getting at, is that i like the way the car feels stock. I would like to mantain this balance without throwing anything off.

Thanks again guys, i guess i just need more time on the track.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[B]

I can't attest to my smoothness, but my autocross results have been excellent.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jguerdat
[B]

I'm not picking a fight but go to a national SCCA event (National Tour, Pro Solo, your regional divisionals) and see how you fare.

Quick Reply: Those of you using R compund tires..... What do you recommend?