S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.
View Poll Results: What class should I run
RTR
67.74%
STR
32.26%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Well guess what guys!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Current state of the cars, one winter mode and the other 100% stock!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:11 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

i want an apex blue CR so bad!
might just have to settle for painting my Berlina
Old 03-25-2013, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Timbagoo
Congrats on the buy man! Yea, I was the original owner of this car and sold it to KOOP. You don't know how happy I am to see that she's gonna be back on track and not sitting in a garaqe somewhere being rubbed with a diaper.

That being said, if you have any questions on the car's history just let me know. Gah, she looks so good!

So is it you or the other guy that doesn't own a proper brake line wrench? Haha I tease! We rolled the front fender tabs up this weekend and I noticed the car has stainless brake lines. I didn't realize that when I brought the car but that saves me alittle bit of time and money. Although someone used a regular 10mm on the line and rounded the edges alittle. Not really a issue but figured I could tease you about it!

I'm loving the car! It will be getting a slew of parts thrown at it as soon as the tires come in. (Around 4/8) As I said above the tabs are now rolled up in the front. On my AP1 I just beat them up with a hammer but given this car is rare and of value I spent the money and had them rolled up by Aaron L at Winning Formula. Some of you all may of heard of him and his TTC car. He had several track records at one time at verious places around here, he's also rolled tons and tons of S2000 fenders in his day!

Aaron doing his thing!

Cars first quick wash...

The first modification to the car was my recessed weighted shift knob. I'm so used to driving with it the car felt weird without it. The next mod has got to be my shift beeper! Red line comes quick relative to what I'm used to driving!

I'm debating making a thread for the build or maybe a blog/site like the FP car. As much as I like to show off and share what I do sometimes I question if anyone besides me even gives a shit. Haha!

Cheers!!! The CR has for sure found a good home! I promise to take care of it although I also promise to drive it the way it was meant to be.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer

You should just buy one of each! I also love the Apex Blue! By far my favorite color! The firs time I saw one was Jeff Walkers car a couple years ago and I fell in love! I got a text from a buddy yesterday morning he passed me going the other way and said "Man that car looks gorgeous even in the pouring rain."

Here's a picture of Jeff's car I took a few weeks ago when I saw him in Chattanooga,TN at my first event of the season. (Jeff if you want me to remove the pic just let me know) he needs to sale me these unattainable wheels!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:32 AM

Aaron rolled the fenders on my AP1 as well, he did a kick ass job. I get nervous when it comes to body work and things that could affect the paint. I would recommend him for anyone who is not quite comfortable doing this themselves.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:04 PM

My very first time driving the car, 100% stock! Won pax by .140. The ground had a lot of rocks and wet in spots. Cant wait to get tires in and prep this car!

http://vimeo.com/63052529

Old 04-09-2013, 12:42 PM

Did the one man bar install today!

All the bars are on the car, shocks go on wednesday, alignment saturday and racing sunday.

All the motor parts are put on hold until I can get some time to do it!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:37 AM

How did you end up doing at the Cincy event last weekend? They have a lot of good drivers up there for some competition.

-D
Old 04-10-2013, 12:52 PM

I had this big long post typed out on my phone and lost it, here's the short and sweet. :/

My forth run
https://vimeo.com/63586748

Basically

- ran first heat
- zero prep, car had inside rear wheel lift issues
- two hour drive
- bigger sites then we have
- ended up 16/118 in Pax but coned away a run that would of put me in the top 10. I kept driving slower just to try and get a clean run.

I'm not sure I could of won with a prepped car but I'm certain I would of been well into the top 10 for the day. :/ Next time I go there I'm bringing the heat.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:26 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by josh7owens
Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer' timestamp='1363399882' post='22407177

You should just buy one of each! I also love the Apex Blue! By far my favorite color! The firs time I saw one was Jeff Walkers car a couple years ago and I fell in love! I got a text from a buddy yesterday morning he passed me going the other way and said "Man that car looks gorgeous even in the pouring rain."

Here's a picture of Jeff's car I took a few weeks ago when I saw him in Chattanooga,TN at my first event of the season. (Jeff if you want me to remove the pic just let me know) he needs to sale me these unattainable wheels!
The Buddy Club Unicorns!

Quick Reply: Well guess what guys!